Perhaps there’s nothing more frustrating than when another driver does something irresponsible on the road. When that irresponsible driving behavior causes a serious car crash, you’re the one left to pay the price.
After an accident, you were probably taught to make sure everyone in your vehicle is safe and exchange information with the other driver. What you might not have been told is that talking to the other driver too extensively or speaking with his insurance adjuster could cost you serious money in your case.
Make a Bristol Car Accident Attorney Your First Call
Car accidents cause serious injuries. When that happens, you need someone on your side whom you can trust!
The insurance adjuster might try to claim that she has your best interest in mind, but she doesn’t. Her only job is to save her boss, the insurance company, money by paying you as little as possible. This can cause you to have to pay for the irresponsible driving behavior of the person who hit you.
With a lawyer on your side, you can avoid paying for someone else’s mistakes. Here’s why:
- You’ll have a better understanding of your rights. As a victim in a car crash, you have rights. Unless you’ve been in serious collisions before, it is unlikely you’ve ever needed to learn these rights. A lawyer will guide you through the process to ensure your rights are not ignored. You will get what you’re entitled to without having to worry if the insurance company is cheating you out of your settlement.
- You’ll have an advocate on your side to work with the insurance company. You have enough to think about. You should devote your energy toward recovering from your injuries and not dealing with the insurance company. By working with a car accident lawyer in Bristol, you leave the negotiations and conversations up to someone skilled in auto accident law. That way, all you have to do is focus on healing.
- You might get more money. Don’t trust the insurance company to tell you all of the types of compensation available to you. Remember, the adjuster’s only job is to save her company money. With a lawyer on your side familiar in the compensation you are entitled to, you could find hidden pockets of money and get more paid out than you would have if you had gone it alone.
- You won’t have to prove the other driver was at fault. This is perhaps one of the hardest parts of any car accident. Regardless of what was said at the site of the accident, the other person’s insurance company will try to find ways to put a portion of fault on you. This can cost you a significant portion of your settlement. With a lawyer on your side, you’re more likely to prove that you were not the person who caused the crash, and you should not have to pay.
- You won’t have to pay for someone else’s poor judgment. You were not at fault, and you should not have to pay. It’s just that simple. With an attorney, you will get the compensation you deserve and avoid being held responsible for another driver’s mistakes and carelessness.
At Cordisco & Saile LLC, I work hard to provide you the information you need to make the best decisions for your case. Calling a Bristol car accident lawyer is the most important first step you should take before talking to the insurance adjuster. Not doing so could put your family’s financial future in jeopardy.
Call 215-642-2335 to schedule your free consultation and find out why this step is so crucial to the outcome in your case.