It’s important to seek out professional legal counsel from a New Jersey personal injury attorney, and to understand how these types of cases work in order to increase the chances of a successful resolution to a personal injury claim or suit.
Trenton Accident Attorney Explains: The Basics of Personal Injury Cases
When someone has been hurt in a serious accident, the victim or his or her family can begin looking into legal options and start discussing what form of recourse they should take with their Trenton accident attorney. Personal injury claims are based on the concept of “negligence.”
Negligence is another word for carelessness in legal terminology. It basically describes any action or inaction that causes injury and damages to another. In order to be able to file a claim or a suit with a New Jersey personal injury attorney, there are three basic elements of negligence that victims will have to prove:
- Duty – plaintiffs will have to show that the defendant owed them a legal duty of care; that the defendant should have been able to anticipate foreseeable dangers and take necessary precautions to protect others.
- Breach of Duty – next, they’ll have to prove that the defendant failed to uphold this duty.
- Cause & Harm – the plaintiff (along with his or her New Jersey personal injury attorney) will have to prove that the defendant’s actions had an actual effect and caused the incident in question as well as injury or damages.
In addition to the above components, there is a long list of other legal elements of which victims need to be aware:
- statutes of limitations;
- degrees of fault;
- how to talk with the insurance companies; and
- what damages might be compensable.
The list goes on and on, and can seem quite overwhelming. To learn about important legal procedures and to make sure all legal bases are covered, contact our Trenton accident lawyers.
Types of Cases that Our New Jersey Personal Injury Attorneys Handle
With over thirty years of experience, our Trenton accident lawyers have represented hundreds of injured victims in various types of personal injury cases, such as:
- car accidents;
- motorcycle accidents;
- slip & fall accidents;
- distracted driving cases;
- pedestrian accidents;
- truck accidents;
- bike accidents; and
- fatal accident/wrongful death cases.
It’s our goal to help clients in the difficult aftermath of an accident, and to avidly pursue the recompense they deserve. We deeply enjoy helping accident victims change their futures by making sure justice is obtained.
Medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and future medical expenses should all be accounted for if someone else’s negligent actions caused you harm. Our team of lawyers helps clients in Trenton, NJ and surrounding areas disarm the insurance companies and obtain the compensation to which they are entitled by law.
Our Trenton Accident Lawyers Have Dealt With Many Examples of Negligence
Hundreds of injured victims have contacted our Trenton accident attorneys, sharing their need for legal guidance and direction after a serious accident. Each case we take has some form of negligence at its root.
Some of the most common types of negligence our New Jersey personal injury attorney have seen include:
- distracted driving (texting, talking on the phone, taking the eyes off the road);
- drunk driving;
- violations of trucking regulations;
- negligent property upkeep; and
- failing to adhere to road rules (e.g., weaving in and out of traffic, failing to stop for pedestrians).
No two cases are exactly alike, though, and our team of Trenton accident lawyers will review each case individually, look at all the evidence and the elements of negligence, determine whether or not the case is valid, and then provide each client with honest, clear-cut legal counsel.
Legal Counsel from Trusted Lawyers in Trenton, NJ
When victims have suffered serious injury in an accident, they’ll need to seek out the most suitable New Jersey personal injury attorney for their case. Our Trenton accident attorneys have helped clients throughout the area with a number of cases.
Moreover, we genuinely care about each of our clients, and fight diligently for their best interests. Our team of Trenton accident lawyers at Cordisco & Saile LLC is headquartered in Langhorne, PA (Bucks County), but we can help clients in New Jersey with their personal injury cases as well.
To discuss your personal injury or wrongful death case, we welcome you to contact us at 215-642-2335, and schedule an appointment with a Trenton accident lawyer for a free, no-obligation consultation.