Accident Trauma | Bucks County Personal Injury Doctor

What is accident trauma? “Trauma” itself is defined (Random House dictionary) in one of two ways, pathological as in: “a body wound or shock produced by sudden physical injury, as from violence or accident,” or psychological as in: “an experience that produces psychological injury or pain.” No matter which form of trauma you experience in a Bucks County accident, you likely will need a doctor or perhaps several doctors.

There are a number of different types of Philadelphia area doctors and medical professionals that you might see if you have been personally njured in a local accident including:

•Emergency room physician
•Family doctor
•Physical Therapist

Each doctor is trained to address various aspects of your well-being as he or she provides the best possible conditions for your body and mind to recover from the trauma of a personal injury from an accident. Generally, the goal of any Philadelphia or Bucks County emergency room doctor is to assess your injuries and prioritize the care you will receive based on severity.

For example, if it is apparent from radiology tests such as an MRI or CAT scan that you have both brain trauma and also a broken leg, it is likely the ER doctor will call in a neurologist and an orthopedic doctor to address each accident injury. Likewise, if there is brain trauma requiring surgery, it is likely that the orthopedic doctor will fully treat your leg injury after the brain injury is addressed, unless there is a compelling medical reason to treat it first. After the more critical injuries are addressed, you may need a physical therapist.


It is important not to overlook the stress that injury from an accident can place on your mind. It is not uncommon for victims to suffer from post-traumatic stress syndrome if they have been in a serious accident. Similarly, recovering from physical injuries can be difficult and depressing. It is just as important for your overall well-being to have the psychological support you need.

No one expects to be the victim of a Philadelphia accident, but if you or a loved one is injured in a local accident, the Bucks County personal injury lawyers at Cordisco & Saile LLC believe you should be able to go to the doctor you need. We are not afraid to fight large insurance companies to be sure you obtain full and fair compensation to heal your body as well as your mind from your accident injury.

If you or a loved one has been injured in a Philadelphia or Bucks County accident, you probably have a lot of questions. You can get our FREE PA Car Accident Guide, written by Pennsylvania personal injury lawyer, Michael Saile, Jr. that will answer many of your questions.