As the Fourth of July rapidly approaches, you should take the time to consider and appreciate the increased risks that are generally associated with the holiday.
For many, it is a time to drink and party with their friends. Unfortunately, this puts you and your loved ones at risk of being injured in a Bucks County car accident.
July 4th is one of the deadliest holidays
The Fourth of July is one of the deadliest holidays due to alcohol-impaired accidents. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), in 2018:
- 392 people lost their lives in traffic-related accidents over the holiday.
- 39 percent involved drivers with a blood-alcohol concentration (BAC) of .08 or higher.
- 80 percent of those fatal accidents occurred at night.
Don’t be the cause of a drunk-driving accident
The NHTSA is launching its “Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over” campaign designed to encourage all drivers to avoid driving while intoxicated this Fourth of July. Simple tips include:
- Plan ahead of time how you are going to get home.
- Designate a sober driver ahead of time.
- Call a taxi if you are impaired.
- Report any drunk drivers you see on the road to authorities.
- Don’t let any of your friends get behind the wheel if they have been drinking.
Loss of life is not the only consequence
A traffic accident involving an intoxicated driver can also leave you with a permanent injury. Your injury might leave you unable to earn a living or perform normal activities with your kids. Treatment can be expensive and leave you wondering what to do. That is why you should call an experienced car accident attorney who can help you with your case.
If you have been injured in an automobile accident, it is important to understand that the insurance company is not your friend. That is why you should order your free copy of our book, How to Maximize Your Pennsylvania Car Accident Case Before an Insurance Company Takes Advantage of You.
If you have been injured by a drunk driver, contact one of our experienced Bucks County auto accident attorneys at the Cordisco & Saile Law Firm at 215-642-2335.