The Dangerous and Deadly Problem of Not Buckling Up.
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, motor vehicle crashes are a leading cause of death among those aged 1-54 in the U.S. With those alarming states, millions do not buckle up on every trip. The simple act of fastening your seatbelt use is one of the most effective ways to save lives and reduce injuries in crashes for adults and older children. Alarming auto accidents and seatbelt stats:
Auto Accident Deaths
- 22,441 passenger vehicle occupants died in motor vehicle traffic crashes in 2015.
- More than half (range: 52%-59%) of teens (13-19 years) and adults aged 20-44 years who died in crashes in 2015 were unrestrained at the time of the crash.2
Auto Accident Injuries
- Over 2.5 million drivers and passengers are treated in emergency departments as the result of being injured in motor vehicle traffic crashes.
- Young adult drivers and passengers (18-24) have the highest crash-related non-fatal injury rates of all adults.
Auto Accident Costs
- $48 billion in lifetime medical and work loss costs from non-fatal crash injuries to drivers and passengers.
- Seat belts reduce serious crash-related injuries and deaths by about half.
- Seat belts saved almost 14,000 lives in 2015.
- Air bags provide added protection but are not a substitute for seatbelts. Airbags plus seat belts provide the greatest protection for adults.
What to do after a car accident injury.
Bucks County, according to the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (DOT), made the top ten list of counties with the highest number of reported motor vehicle accidents and fatalities in 2013.
If you or a loved one has been involved in auto accident, you can pursue compensation for the damages you suffer as a result. Car accident lawyers in Bucks County, PA can help accident victims file their claims and negotiate a fair settlement, or take the case to court if necessary.
Cordisco & Saile: Motor Vehicle Accident Lawyers of Bucks County, PA
If you have been in an auto accident in Bucks County and need legal representation, Cordisco & Saile LLC can help. Contact our car accident lawyers in Bucks County, PA to set up a consultation to review case details and options you have for recovering compensation.