A Bucks County distracted driving accident can occur anytime, anywhere, and any place. Distractions are dangerous because they take your mind away from operating your vehicle, putting you and those you share the Pennsylvania roadways with at risk of being seriously injured in an automobile accident.
What we know about distracted driving accidents
Car accidents involving a distracted driver are more common than you might think. It is believed that:
- Distractions contribute to nearly one in four nationwide accidents
- Distracted driving is more common among younger drivers
- Distracted driving accidents result in millions of dollars in damage annually
Steps to avoid driving distractions
Though you can’t control the driving habits of others, there are steps you can take to avoid distractions while behind the wheel, which can lead to a Bucks County car accident. These tips include:
- Avoid making calls or sending texts
- Adjust your radio dial or GPS before starting your car
- Avoid smoking
- Avoid personal hygiene activities, such as putting on makeup, doing your hair, or shaving
- Avoid changing your clothes
Order your free book
To learn more about your Bucks County distracted driving accident case, order a free copy of our book, How to Maximize Your Pennsylvania Car Accident Case Before an Insurance Company Takes Advantage of You.
If you or someone you know has been injured in a distracted driving accident, contact one of our experienced Bucks County distracted driving accident attorneys at Cordisco & Saile Law Firm at 215-642-2335.