Doctors Who Treat Injury Accident

If you or a loved one is suffering from a personal injury from a recent Philadelphia or Bucks County accident, you will need to find one or more medical professionals. Which one is the right one for you?

In many cases, your injury or injuries may require that you meet with several different types of doctors. In an effort to provide you with some guidance, Bucks County personal injury lawyer, Michael L. Saile, Jr. offers information to help you determine which type of help you need.

You may need one or more of the following:

•Family doctor
•Physical Therapist

In the days immediately following an accident, it is a critically important part of restoring your health to visit your Philadelphia area family doctor. In addition to bettering your health, proper follow-up care may protect any potential personal injury claim you may have. Your family doctor can offer referrals to other PA or NJ medical professionals you might need.

A radiologist may be one of the first doctors who will diagnose your specific injury. Doctors of radiology are trained to read CAT scans, MRI’s, X-rays and ultrasounds; all various forms of imaging that allow your doctor to “see” bones and tissue to determine the extent of an injury.

The Bucks County personal injury lawyers at Cordisco & Saile LLC note that injuries to the back and neck are common to many Pennsylvania injury accident victims. Depending on the results of your diagnoses by the radiology doctor, you may need to see a neurologist. Neurologists specialize in diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the spine, brain and neuromuscular system (nerves and muscles).

Pain management is important for ongoing pain control that you may have suffered from a Bucks County accident, especially with long-term or chronic pain. Your doctor may ask you to rate your pain on a scale of 1 to 10 each time you visit. This helps him or her to determine the effectiveness of treatment. You may be prescribed medication such as anti-inflammatory drugs, muscle relaxants or pain killers. These medications may offer you relief from injury pain and may help you proceed with orthopedic care or physical therapy. Sometimes psychotherapy is recommended to help you learn new skills to help you cope with chronic pain.

A doctor of chiropractic care, trained to diagnose and treat musculoskeletal system problems may be one you who treats your accident injury. A Philadelphia area chiropractor bases care on the principle that spinal joint misalignments interfere with the nervous system, so much of their focus is on spinal alignment and adjustment.

If you or a loved one has been injured in a Bucks County or Philadelphia accident, get our FREE PA Car Accident Guide written for accident victims by a knowledgeable personal injury lawyer.