Finding The Right Medical Provider is Key After an Accident

After a car accident in Bucks County, you may have suffered an injury or multiple injuries. Finding the proper doctor to treat your injuries requires proper diagnosis of your injuries.

Family doctors help you when you have a cold or need a vaccination. They also can help you if you have been in a car accident. Family doctors will ask a series of questions about your injury to help him/her learn more about the injury and your physical limitations. After that, your doctor will determine whether or not you need more testing to clearly diagnose the injury. After your injury is diagnosed, your doctor can recommend treatment.

A physical therapist works with victims of car accidents who have suffered injuries to the neck, back, shoulders, upper and/or lower extremities. These medical providers help to restore the patient’s mobility. A physical therapist can evaluate your injury and set up a specific program to help you recover from your injury. You should only pursue physical therapy if it is recommended by your treating physician.

Chiropractors diagnose and treat patients with injuries to the muscular system, nervous system, and skeletal system. These doctors use tests such as X-rays, MRI’s, and other diagnostic tools work to accurately diagnose your injury. Chiropractors are known for their ability to realign the spine, also called subluxations. Other methods that a chiropractor can use to treat your injury include ice/heat therapy, massage therapy, physical rehabilitation and electrotherapy.

Orthopedics is part of the medical field that focuses on injuries to the musculoskeletal system. That includes spine and joint injuries. Orthopedic doctors treat injuries caused by car accidents such as broken bones. Most orthopedic doctors will diagnose the injury and determine the severity and then recommend the next step for you. An orthopedist can also refer you to a surgeon or to a facility to administer more tests.

Neurologists are doctors who deal with disorders of the brain and the nervous system. There are many branches of neurology including neurosurgery. Your neurologist, depending on their area of specialty, can refer you to another neurologist who will better be able to diagnose and treat your injuries, and many times a neurologist and a neurosurgeon can work with one another.

A radiologist is a doctor that many people come in contact with over the years but may not know what they are. A radiologist is the person who your regular doctor or specialist will send you to if you need to get tests such as ultrasounds, MRI’s and X-rays. These tests all help your doctor diagnose and then treat your car accident injury. The procedures that a radiologist performs are no-invasive and nonsurgical.

If you have been the victim of a car accident and have suffered an injury, finding the right doctor is important. To speak to an experienced Pennsylvania personal injury lawyer about your car accident injury, call the offices of Cordisco & Saile LLC in Bucks County.


      Hospital Family Doctor Orthopedic Doctor           Neurologist Radiologist Physical Therapy           Chiropractor Acupuncture Pain Management Doctor           Surgeon Psychologist