Suffering from a personal injury is a traumatic experience for many people. There is the initial shock of the incident followed by the pain of the injury. Then you must deal with the logistics of the situation: seeking emergency medical care, calling the police, and handling any property damage. Only when the dust settles may you realize that you are facing serious medical bills, a long recovery period, and may even be out of work.
If someone caused the incident that led to your injuries, you may be able to collect financial compensation known as damages. You can pursue damages on your own, but you may feel more comfortable working with a personal injury lawyer. If you have never worked with a lawyer before, here are some recommendations on how to find a personal injury lawyer near you in Mercer County, New Jersey.
How to Find a Personal Injury Lawyer Near You in Mercer County, NJ
If you have never hired a personal injury lawyer before, you may not know where to start. An easy first step is to Google “personal injury lawyer near me in Mercer County, New Jersey.” This search should generate a list of law firms you can look over to find the one that best meets your needs.
Once you have a list of firms, you will need to narrow your search based on specific criteria. Here are some traits to look for in a personal injury lawyer:
- Experience: A lawyer with personal injury law experience can be an asset to your case. Someone who understands the laws that affect your case and knows how to deal with insurance companies will be prepared to advocate for your best interests. Choose a lawyer whose practice area includes your case type. For example, if you were in a car accident, ask the lawyer or law firm if they handle car accident cases.
- Open communication: Going through the process of seeking damages can be incredibly stressful. Some cases can be resolved in just a few weeks, while others stretch on for months or longer. Having a lawyer who explains each step of this process provides you with regular updates so that you know where your case is at all times. Your attorney should also promptly respond to your calls and emails, which can help during this challenging time.
- Strong client testimonials: Look at client reviews and testimonials for each law firm you are considering. A long list of positive reviews indicates a strong track record. You can also ask around for recommendations from friends or relatives who have used a personal injury lawyer.
- Understanding of negotiations and trials: Many times, both sides prefer to settle out of court as it allows both parties to resolve the case quickly. Your lawyer should be able to negotiate an out-of-court settlement with the other party’s insurance provider. However, they also should prepare your case for trial in case the other side does not agree to a fair settlement.
- Trust your gut: Most personal injury lawyers offer free case consultations, so set one up with the lawyer you are considering. During the consultation, pay attention to how the lawyer treats you. Do they listen empathetically to your story, or do they brush you off and talk over you? Do you feel comfortable with their staff and in their office? Choose a lawyer or law firm you will be comfortable working with.
Our lawyers work closely with our clients, listening to your story, providing responsive legal care, and working hard to get you the best possible outcome. We handle many types of personal injury cases, including:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Defective drugs
- Defective medical devices
- Workers’ compensation
- Nursing home neglect
How a Lawyer Can Help with Your Personal Injury Case
Our lawyer can guide you through the process of seeking damages from the at-fault party after an accident has left you with injuries. We can:
- Investigate the incident and gather evidence of another party’s negligence
- Estimate how much your case is worth using evidence such as medical bills and records, expert medical testimony, photos of your injuries, and more
- File an insurance claim with the insurance company of the party that caused the incident
- Negotiate an out-of-court settlement that provides you with fair compensation
- File a lawsuit and represent you in court if negotiations fail
Our Personal Injury Lawyers Are Ready to Represent You
If you were injured because of another person’s negligent behavior, you may be entitled to damages for medical bills, lost wages, and more. Our personal injury lawyer near you in Mercer County, New Jersey, can represent you as you seek damages from the at-fault or liable party. Our team works on contingency, which means you pay nothing unless we win your case. Call our office today at (215) 642-2335 so that we can get started on your case.