NJ & PA Insurance Claims Center: Your Questions Answered

How do I file an insurance claim?
Filing an auto insurance claim is one of the first and most important steps in the personal injury claims process. It is important that you do it properly. The goal of this insurance claims center web page is to give you some insight as to what to do and how to do it. Auto insurance companies in Pennsylvania and New Jersey are in the business of collecting insurance premiums to make money for the insurance company’s corporate shareholders. Paying money to you is against the insurance company’s business interests. Auto insurance companies have been known to play dirty tricks and take advantage of unsuspecting first-time personal injury victims. Read the rest of this page, it will benefit you greatly.

Who do I call first?
You have a duty to report a Bucks County, Mercer County, or Philadelphia car accident promptly to your insurance company. Promptly means within a reasonable amount of time. This means that you do not have to report your PA or NJ car accident to your insurance company at the scene of the accident. Wait until you get home, get settled, and collect your thoughts. You may also have your personal injury lawyer report the accident to your insurance company to minimize any damage to your case. Statements to insurance companies, including a statement to your own auto insurance company, can be used against you in court.

The other insurance company wants my statement, what do I do?
You have NO DUTY to speak with the other driver’s insurance company, and we specifically advise you NOT to speak with them until you have consulted with a personal injury lawyer. The other driver’s insurance company will want your statement for one reason…TO USE IT AGAINST YOU. Don’t fall for this common trick. If you have fallen for this trick, it’s not the end of the world, let’s just hope you didn’t damage your case. The other driver’s auto insurance company can speak with the other driver, the police, witnesses, or anyone else to find out information about the accident.

In Pennsylvania and New Jersey, there are several types of insurance that applies to personal injury cases. In a Bucks County, Mercer County, or Philadelphia car accident, the following types of insurance may apply: liability insurance, first party (PIP) insurance, uninsured motorist insurance, underinsured insurance, health insurance, collision insurance, Medicare – Medicaid insurance, and liquor liability insurance. You may have a limited tort or full tort auto insurance policy in Pennsylvania or a verbal threshold or no (zero) threshold auto insurance policy in NJ.

You should also learn about the minimum auto insurance in PA for a Bucks County or Philadelphia car accident and the minimum auto insurance in NJ for a Mercer County, Burlington County, or Camden County car accident.

If you are injured at someone’s home due to the negligence of the homeowner, homeowner’s insurance may cover your claim. If you are personally injured in a bar or night club, the establishment’s liability insurance and liquor liability insurance may be available to compensate you for your personal injuries, pain and suffering.

Provide us with your contact information so that we may answer your specific questions regarding how insurance may apply to your specific personal injuries.