After your Preliminary Hearing in Pennsylvania, the next step is Arraignment in a PA DUI/DWI. The Preliminary Hearing his held at the local District Justice Court. After the Preliminary Hearing (assuming your PA DUI/DWI case is held for court) the case is then transferred to the county Common Pleas Court. In Bucks County, your PA DUI/DWI case will be transferred to Doylestown where the Bucks County District Attorney will review your PA DUI/DWI case.
After the case is transferred to the county Common Pleas Court, this is when you should apply (if eligible) for the Accelerated Rehabilitative Disposition (A.R.D.) first offender DUI/DWI program. There is actually an application form for you to sign under the threat of perjury.
What types of questions will the Bucks County, PA District Attorney ask you when you try to get into the Accelerated Rehabilitative Disposition (A.R.D.) first offender DUI/DWI program?
The following is a list of questions taken from the Bucks County, Pennsylvania District Attorney’s application form for the Accelerated Rehabilitative Disposition (A.R.D.) first offender DUI/DWI program:
1. Name: ____________________________________
2. Address: __________________________________
3. Date of Birth: ____________________; SSN _____________________
4. Telephone No.: ______________________________
5. Date of Arrest: ______________________________
6. Arresting Officer/Police Department: ____________________________
7. Did defendant’s vehicle strike or have contact with another vehicle?
Yes (occupied) ________ Yes (unoccupied) _______ No _______
8. Did defendant have a valid license: Yes ___________ No _______
9. Was defendant’s vehicle insured? Yes ___________ No ________
10. Has defendant been arrested for any other criminal, traffic or non-traffic offenses in Pennsylvania or any other state?
Yes __________ No __________
If yes, list arresting police department(s), charge(s), disposition(s) and date of dispositions(s):
11. Date and facility where defendant completed the CRN evaluation: