If you’ve been injured or lost a loved one in a Pennsylvania truck crash, then you already know how dangerous Pennsylvania truck wrecks can be. You are not alone. As experienced Delaware Valley truck accident lawyers, we understand how serious Pennsylvania tractor trailer accidents are throughout our Commonwealth and in your family.
Pennsylvania Truck Accident Statistics
In 2008, the most recent year for which statistics are available, the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation reported*:
- 5,972 heavy truck crashes
- 166 fatal heavy truck crashes
- 2,752 heavy truck crashes that resulted in injuries
- 1,103 crashes between a heavy truck and a passenger car
- 447 crashes between a heavy truck and a light truck, SUV or van
- 16 crashes between a heavy truck and motorcycle
- 11 crashes between a heavy truck and bicycle
- 8 crashes between a heavy crash and school bus
- The majority of heavy truck crashes occur on interstates and state highways, although many also occur on local roads.
- The vast majority of fatalities in heavy truck accidents are not deaths to people in the truck but rather to drivers and occupants of other vehicles.
This information provides us with a snapshot of how serious truck accidents are in Pennsylvania. However to fully understand the impact of Pennsylvania truck accidents, it is important to consider the individual impact of each accident.
The Impact of a Truck Accident on the Victim and Victim’s Family
Every tractor trailer wreck is unique and the pain, suffering and recovery of each victim and victim’s family is just as unique. Sometimes the consequences are simply immeasurable.
Our experienced and empathic Bucks County accident lawyers want to help you, and your family, recover by holding the negligent party responsible for your injuries and helping you recover damages. If you’ve been hurt, or if you’ve lost a loved one, we encourage you to contact us at 215-642-2335 for a free consultation.
*Source: 2008 Pennsylvania Crash Facts and Statistics, Bureau of Highway Safety and Traffic Engineering, Pennsylvania Department of Transportation.