A majority of families are financially unprepared for the sudden loss of household income when a loved one is injured in a Philadelphia or Bucks County accident. If you suffer injuries that keep you from being able to work for an extended period of time, you may experience stress beyond traumatic medical and emotional issues. Without emergency funds available, you might find yourself pinning your hopes on being reimbursed from an insurance company for your accident claim. Bucks County personal injury lawyer Michael L. Saile, Jr. warns that insurance companies use many common practices that may keep you from being fully and fairly compensated for your injuries and loss.
Are you wondering what a personal injury lawyer can do for you that you cannot do for yourself? If you or a family member has sustained injuries in an accident due to someone else’s negligence it is always a good idea to consult a local personal injury attorney.
Here are a few important things a Pennsylvania personal injury lawyer can do for you if you’ve been injured in a Philadelphia area accident:
- Answer the question of whether or not a personal injury claim is worth pursuing in your case;
- Explain what you can expect if you choose to file a personal injury claim;
- Speak to the other driver’s insurance company on your behalf to ensure nothing is said that could ruin your case;
- Inform you about what types of doctors and/or specialists you should be seeing to treat your injuries;
- Explain how your medical bills get paid;
- Help you navigate the complex personal injury laws in PA or NJ, including an implications of full tort vs. limited tort;
- Fully assess your loss, taking into consideration hardships and/or consequences of your injury you may not have considered;
- Consult with your doctors to obtain an exact diagnosis of your injuries and a prognosis for your recovery; and
- Skillfully negotiate your injury settlement.
Personal Injury Lawyers Know How to Work With Insurance Companies
When trying to reasonably deal with car insurance companies following a Pennsylvania or New Jersey accident, you will soon realize that they do not have your best interest at hand. Furthermore, what if you agree to a quick settlement with the other driver’s insurance company only to learn a little while down the road that your accident injuries have intensified and you need additional treatment or even surgery? An experienced personal injury lawyer monitors your injury treatment throughout the claim process, makes sure you are being treated by the right type of doctor for your injury, and takes a lot of ” what ifs” into account when negotiating your settlement. Your PA accident attorney will fight for the compensation you deserve and will not allow you to be taken advantage of by an insurance company.
If you have been injured in a Philadelphia or Bucks County accident, get our FREE PA Car Accident Guide written specifically for accident victims by a knowledgeable PA personal injury lawyer at Cordisco & Saile LLC.