Philadelphia fatal accident | coping with loss | Bucks County

The unthinkable has happened if you have lost a loved one in a Philadelphia area fatal accident, shares Bucks County personal injury lawyer Michael L. Saile, Jr. When the life of someone we love is taken because of the negligence of another you likely want answers, justice, and in many cases, compensation for loss. Whether your loved one was a child, a teen, a parent, or someone older, the loss is a shock. In any case, coping will be different for you than it may be for other members of your family or friends.

The Different Faces of Grief

It is a common reaction if you feel “frozen”; neither high nor low emotionally, unable to express grief or joy at the wrongful death of your loved one. This is a normal reaction as you are coping with a tragic fatal accident. Certainly, you did not want it and are left unable to regain that person whom you lost. This emotional position, sometimes referred to as complicated bereavement, leaves you with a sense of being “stuck” in time. The grieving process can take years, but if you feel stuck, unable to evolve and move forward, you need grief counseling.

How Can You Begin Coping?

  • Join a grief counseling support group or visit a grief counselor
  • Share stories about your loved one; both good and bad
  • Cry, be angry
  • Write a letter, poem or song to your lost loved one
  • Honor them by working to prevent similar future accidents
  • Accept your new reality

Living With Loss

Grieving requires rebuilding your life and adapting to this tragic life changing situation. The Bucks County personal injury lawyers at Cordisco & Saile LLC are experienced in helping families of those who suffer fatal accident injuries obtain compensation for the wrongful death of their loved one. We understand complex PA and NJ wrongful death laws and can help grieving families who are seeking a return to normalcy.

If your loved one has been lost in a fatal accident, you probably have many questions. Get our FREE PA Car Accident Guide for more information.