Types of Medical Providers For Accident Victims: Family Doctor

Yes, You Should Visit Your Family Doctor after a Car Accident

Bucks County auto accidents can be traumatizing. It is a major relief if no one involved sustained a serious injury, but several injuries can be difficult to recognize in the immediate aftermath of a PA accident. You could have a sprain or strain, internal bruising, herniated or bulging discs, broken bones, or even a traumatic brain injury (TBI). This is why you should pay your family doctor a visit very soon after the auto accident.

All of these injuries require medical attention, yet all of these injuries can be initially difficult to detect. In the immediate aftermath of a Bucks County accident, there are many things to worry about. You may ask yourself: “Where should I get my car repaired? How much will repairs be? Should I call the police? Is my insurance rate going to go up? Oftentimes, if there are no injuries which necessitate immediate medical care, the last question on your mind will probably be: Do I need to go to the doctor?

The experienced Bucks County accident lawyers at Cordisco & Saile LLC feel that you should visit your family doctor soon after an auto accident especially if:

  • You have general pain and soreness;
  • Your pain worsens as the days pass;
  • You experience decreased range of motion;
  • You are dizzy and experience loss of balance; or
  • Your pain keeps you from performing your daily activities.


Your family doctor may be qualified to treat you, depending on the type and extent of your injuries. Or, your doctor may refer you to a specialist, such as an orthopedist, a chiropractor, or a neurologist. Regardless of the doctor or doctors that you do end up getting treatment from, make sure to keep all records, receipts and bills pertaining to your injuries and treatments. These documents are necessary if you decide to file a PA or NJ injury claim in.

If you have been injured in a Philadelphia area auto accident and are interested in filing an injury claim contact the Bucks County accident lawyers at Cordisco & Saile LLC. Download your FREE copy of our PA Car Accident Book for more information about the kinds of doctors you should see after an auto accident.