A distracted driver can change your life in a matter of seconds. In the amount of time that it takes to answer a cell phone call, a distracted driver can seriously injure or kill another motorist.
If you have been injured, or lost a loved one, because of a distracted driver then you may be entitled to damages for your medical expenses, lost income, out-of-pocket expenses and pain and suffering.
In order to recover damages after a New Jersey or Pennsylvania distracted driving accident, it is important that you:
- Take Notes or Pictures of What Happened: if you noticed that the other driver was using a cell phone while driving or otherwise distracted before the accident, take notes of exactly what you saw so that details do not get lost after the accident. You can also take pictures of the accident scene with your cell phone before the tow trucks remove the vehicles.
- Get Contact Information for Accident Witnesses: so they may be contacted if needed in the future.
- Tell the Police What Happened: tell the police what happened but do not apologize for the accident or admit fault.
- Get Medical Help if You’re Injured: see a doctor as soon as possible after the accident.
- Contact a New Jersey and Pennsylvania Injury Lawyer
A Philadelphia distracted driving accident lawyer can help you get the financial damages that you deserve after a distracted driving accident. Contact the Pennsylvania and South Jersey distracted driving injury attorneys of Cordisco & Saile at 1-215-642-2335 for more information.