Serious injuries caused by dangerous products are life-changing. They keep you from the activities you love. They stop you from being able to work. Worst of all, they ruin your quality of life.
When your life has turned upside down because of a dangerous product, you are not only hurt physically and emotionally but also financially. To help you get the treatment you need so that you can move forward with your life, you need a fair and just settlement from the company that put you in harm’s way.
Get the Compensation You Need
Every case is unique, so there is no way to put a set amount on what every person injured by a defective product in Pennsylvania will receive. However, there are certain types of compensation available to you. Here are the top five categories that determine how much you will receive in your dangerous product settlement:
- Medical bills. You should not be forced to pay for medical expenses for an injury you did not cause. If you needed surgery, extensive treatments, or any other cost due to an injury from a defective product, you will be compensated for that in your settlement.
- Lost wages. Missing time from work because of your injuries could cost your family quite a bit. If your paycheck was reduced because you could not work for a long period of time, the company that caused your injury should compensate you for what you lost.
- Diminished earning capacity. Sometimes, injuries leave you permanently disabled. This can have a significant impact on what you are able to earn in the future. If you are forced to work in a lesser-paying job because of your injuries, you could receive compensation for this in your settlement.
- Pain and suffering. The lower quality of life you had to bear while you recovered could also impact your settlement. Your Philadelphia dangerous product lawyer will help you understand how much you are entitled to for pain and suffering.
- Funeral costs. If your family member passed away as a result of a dangerous product, you could receive compensation for the funeral. This is only true in wrongful death claims.
When it comes to getting the money you need to get your life as close to normal again as possible, I can help. As a Pennsylvania dangerous products lawyer, I know the challenges you are up against as your case goes in front of a big corporation. With my help, you can get the support you need and the peace of mind you’re looking for. Contact me today to schedule your appointment and learn more about how I can help you get your life back to normal again.