A Bucks County motorcycle accident can often lead to devastating and lasting injuries. If you are a motorcyclist, there are certain things you should and should not do if you are involved in an accident.
What you should do
One critical mistake can ruin your accident injury case and dramatically affect the compensation you receive for your injuries. If you are involved in a motorcycle accident, you should:
- Dial 911 immediately, especially is someone is seriously injured.
- Seek medical attention immediately if you are injured.
- Obtain the other driver’s personal information, including name, number, address, driver’s license number, car registration information, and license plate number.
- Get the names and numbers of anyone who may have witnessed the crash.
- Take as many pictures of the accident scene as possible.
- Contact your insurance company.
What you shouldn’t do
You may jeopardize your case if you:
- Immediately leave the accident scene, unless you need medical attention.
- Give any statements to the other driver or their insurance provider without first speaking to an experienced motorcycle accident attorney.
The Cordisco & Saile Law Firm can help you hold the responsible party liable for your injuries. Start today by ordering our free book, How to Maximize Your Pennsylvania Car Accident Case Before an Insurance Company Takes Advantage of You.
You should also contact one of our experienced Bucks County motorcycle accident attorneys at Cordisco & Saile Law Firm at 215-642-2335. We can help you determine your next course of action.