At long last, our law firm is proud to announce a brand-new personal injury office in Montgomery County. As part of our efforts to provide legal services to victims throughout Pennsylvania—and beyond—we have expanded our services to serve victims right here in Conshohocken.
Car accidents are not relegated to one particular area of the state. Where there are roadways, there are car accidents, and where there are car accidents, there are victims in need. Our attorneys are dedicated to serving our communities the only way we know how: protecting your rights during your fight for compensation.
Together, we can help you seek justice after a negligent accident.
Services we provide for car accident victims in Conshohocken
We pride ourselves on offering a diverse lineup of legal services. After all, every case is not created equally. You may be experiencing unique challenges that require specialized services during your fight for justice.
Fortunately, our law firm has got you covered. Some of our many legal services include:
- Providing legal guidance throughout your case
- Educating you about important laws and deadlines
- Working with insurance companies and helping you file claims
- Reviewing your insurance policies
- Determining your overall case value
- Gathering evidence to help you determine liability
- Sending messages between parties involved in your case
- Negotiating settlements that reflect your long-term pain and suffering
- And more
How to calculate the cost of your car accident
Calculating your damages can be a complicated process. When it comes to your economic losses, you should begin gathering pay stubs, receipts, and medical bills. From there, you can determine the impact the accident had on your financial situation. Additionally, you need to take steps to estimate the long-term impact of your lost wages and medical expenses.
Our law firm often calls upon expert witnesses, such as economists and vocational rehabilitation experts, to help our clients understand what their injuries could look like months, and years, in the future.
We can use several methods to help you assign monetary values to your case, including:
- Estimating the long-term implications of your injuries, including the impact your injuries will have on your earning abilities
- Reaching out to mechanics and other specialists to determine the cost of your property damage
- Receiving assistance from psychologists and medical professionals when examining the impact of your psychological suffering
- Gathering victim impact statements
- Multiplying your economic losses by a number between 1.5 and 5 to help represent your intangible losses—otherwise known as the multiplier method
- And more
Types of negligence that lead to car accidents
Car accidents have a few main causes:
- Mechanical issues
- Defective vehicle parts
- Poor weather conditions
- Driver errors
However, most car accidents on Conshohocken roadways are caused by negligent drivers who are not doing enough to keep their fellow motorists out of harm’s way. Accordingly, the most common causes of car accidents include:
- Texting and driving
- Tuning the radio
- Eating and driving
- Following too closely
- Aggressive driving, including road rage
- Failure to yield to the vehicle with the right of way
- Turning left at intersections
- Running stop signs
- Failure to maintain lane
- Driving under the influence of narcotics, alcohol, prescription drugs, and over-the-counter medications
- And more
Our attorneys can help investigate your accident so we can get to the bottom of what truly caused your crash. Once we gather enough information, our law firm can present this evidence to insurance claims adjusters, civil court officials, and other relevant parties.
Conshohocken car accident statistics
According to the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT), there were more than 9,000 car accidents in Montgomery County in 2019. Out of these accidents, thousands of people suffered serious injuries.
Here are some of the most telling car accident statistics from that year:
- Montgomery County ranked in the top 10 counties in Pennsylvania for fatal accidents (with 30 fatalities representing 3% of all cases).
- With about 831,000 residents, Montgomery County represents 6.5% of the population of Pennsylvania. Their 4,156 injury crashes represent 7.5% of all injury crashes around the state.
- Nine lives were lost in drunk driving accidents in 2019.
Statute of limitations on car accident lawsuits in Pennsylvania
According to 42 Pa. C.S.A. § 5524, in most cases, you are required to file a car accident lawsuit within two years of your accident. The same statute of limitations applies to wrongful death cases.
Car accident lawyers fighting for victims in Conshohocken
After so many years of dedicated service across the state of Pennsylvania, our attorneys are eager to get started with our new personal injury office in Montgomery County.
We understand you may be feeling a sense of confusion or uncertainty after your accident. With our law firm in your corner, we hope you can feel a sense of comfort knowing your case is being handled by a team of legal professionals.
Call us today to get started
You do not have to fight this battle alone. To learn more about protecting your rights with an attorney at Cordisco & Saile LLC, contact one of our team members today at (215) 642-2335 to get started with your free consultation.