I was in a motorcycle accident. Do I need a specific type of lawyer to represent me?

Categorized: Motorcycle Accidents

I was in a motorcycle accident. Do I need a specific type of lawyer to represent me?

Yes and no.

In general, a personal injury attorney is a lawyer who represents those injured in an accident of some kind. However, personal injury lawyers generally focus on a few areas of personal injury law. So, when looking for a Langhorne attorney to represent you after your crash, be sure to ask whether the attorney often works with motorcycle accident victims.

Motorcycle Accidents Are Unique 

There are differences between motorcycle and car accidents. In order to be effective, an attorney must understand this. First, motorcycle accidents often cause more serious, debilitating injuries. Because of this, your lawyer must understand the best ways to get you the compensation you need. Compensation must cover not only current medical bills, but also the cost of:

  • Ongoing medical care
  • Therapy (physical and mental)
  • Repairing or replacing your motorcycle
  • Lost wages
  • Inability to return to your current line of work

In addition, your attorney must be ready to defend you, because oftentimes it is assumed that the motorcyclist was at fault. They see bikers as dangerous risk takers, and neglect the fact that drivers of larger vehicles often fail to watch for motorcycles on the road.

At our Langhorne, PA personal injury law firm, the attorneys of Cordisco & Saile LLC, pride ourselves on the work we do to fight for the rights of injured bikers. Were you involved in a motorcycle accident? Are you overwhelmed with the financial burdens you now bear for your injuries or other repairs? Call 800.860.5801 today to speak with a lawyer who knows motorcycle accidents. As our way of introducing our firm, we offer new clients free case consultations. Call to schedule yours today.

« Return to Main FAQ Listing