Pedestrian accident reconstruction experts are not always necessary for Trenton pedestrian accidents, but in some cases, they can be instrumental in proving a case. If your were in a pedestrian accident or if your loved one was recently injured or killed in one, you will want to speak to an accident attorney who will be able to determine whether or not an accident reconstructionist is necessary.
Ways in which Accident Reconstructionists Can Help
Pinpointing fault in pedestrian accidents can get complicated. Most happen in urban areas and at intersections, where there are a lot of cars and a lot of activity. Sometimes multiple cars are involved; bicyclists may be part of the equation; or both the driver and pedestrian partly may be at fault. Evidence may be subtle or sparse. Factors such as these can make it very difficult to determine the primary cause of the accident. This is when pedestrian accident reconstruction experts can be of service.
Accident reconstructionists are highly trained field experts who evaluate scene evidence and use established physics procedures to determine critical aspects of the crash. They use specialized software programs, 3-D animation and witness interviews to help conclude facts about the accident. Some of the things they can determine are listed below.
- Impact speed
- The positions and time points prior to impact
- The type of pedestrian collision, e.g., wrap trajectory, forward projection, fender vault, roof vault or somersault
- Stopping distance
- Crash avoidance potential (what could have been done differently to avoid the accident
Tasks Accident Reconstructionists Complete
Crashteams, a crash reconstructionist company, explains the goal of reconstructing a pedestrian accident: “Almost all pedestrian cases are reconstructed with a view to determine the possibility of the incident being avoided, given the visibility opportunities, impact speed, pedestrian motion, and motor vehicle condition.” Expert witness testimonies have the potential to make or break cases.
When you and your attorney enlist the help of a pedestrian accident reconstruction expert, he or she will handle the following tasks.
- Interviewing witnesses, if available
- Determining point of impact
- Determining if there were any visibility issues that contributed to the accident
- Generating a model that accurately replicates the accident
- Calculating speed, the time vs position, and velocity information
- Reviewing the other party’s claims and exposing errors in the other party’s experts’ hypotheses
Consult a Pedestrian Accident Attorney in Trenton, NJ
If you are in need of legal counsel for a pedestrian accident in Trenton, NJ, call Cordisco & Saile LLC. We have developed solid relationships with a host of expert witnesses for pedestrian accidents, including accident reconstructionists. Contact us today at 215-642-2335 for a free consultation.