A motorcycle accident can force you to put your life on hold while you recover from injuries and miss work. If another driver’s negligence caused your accident in Northeast Philadelphia, you should not have to pay the damages out of your own pocket.
A motorcycle accident attorney in Northeast Philadelphia from Cordisco & Saile LLC may be able to fight for compensation on your behalf while you focus on healing. We handle motorcycle accident cases on a contingency basis with no money due upfront. You only pay for our legal services if and when you recover compensation.
To learn more about our services and your legal options in a free consultation with our team, call (215) 642-2335 today.
Negligent Drivers Can Be Liable for Accidents They Cause
Drivers have a duty of care to protect other road users by following all traffic rules and paying attention while they drive. If they fail to do this and cause an accident with a negligent action, they may be legally liable for the damages they cause.
Driver negligence can take many forms. These include:
- Violations of traffic laws. Examples include failure to yield, running a red light, or an illegal lane change.
- Drunk or intoxicated driving. Drivers on drugs, certain prescription medications, or with a higher blood alcohol concentration than the legal limit may be liable for accidents they cause.
- Distracted driving. Even a moment of distracted driving can cause catastrophic accidents. Looking away from the road, handling objects besides the wheel, or letting your mind wander are all forms of distracted driving, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- Aggressive driving. Illegal behaviors such as speeding, tailgating, passing on the right can all put drivers’ lives in danger, according to the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation.
If you believe that driver negligence of any kind caused your Northeast Philadelphia motorcycle accident, Cordisco & Saile LLC invites you to call (215) 642-2335 for a free consultation on your case with a member of our team.
Other Parties May Also Be Liable
Depending on the circumstances in your case, there may be other liable parties who owe you compensation. This may include:
- A municipality. If unsafe road conditions or signage caused your accident, a government agency or a road service crew may be liable for your injuries
- A mechanic. If a mechanical malfunction caused your crash—even if no other vehicle was involved—a negligent mechanic may be liable.
- A parts manufacturer. If a defective product, such as a blown-out tire, caused your accident, the manufacturer may be liable for your accident.
A motorcycle accident attorney in Northeast Philadelphia from Cordisco & Saile LLC can investigate your accident and identify the liable party or parties when we represent you. We are willing to take on any individual, company, or government whose negligence caused your injuries.
Recoverable Damages in a Motorcycle Accident Case
Depending on your injuries, the circumstances of your accident, and the impact your accident has had on your life, you may be able to recover the following damages in a personal injury lawsuit:
- Hospital stay, ambulance fees, and emergency room treatment
- Surgeries, therapies, and all follow-up care
- Estimated future costs of medical treatment
- Lost wages for the work you had to miss while recovering
- Reduced earning ability, if the accident forced you to leave your job permanently
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering, emotional distress, and other non-economic damages
When you work with Cordisco & Saile LLC on your case, we can evaluate your damages and bring proof of them to settlement negotiations or on trial. This evidence may include:
- Your medical records.
- Salary documentation from your employer.
- Testimony from medical, vocational, and economic experts about the future impact of your damages.
Wrongful Death Damages
In the tragic event that a negligent driver killed your loved one in a Northeast Philadelphia motorcycle accident, you may have the option to pursue the responsible party for wrongful death damages. These damages may include:
- Funeral costs.
- Medical care required prior to your loved one’s death.
- Lost earnings.
To discuss your eligibility for a wrongful death lawsuit, call Cordisco & Saile LLC today.
How Cordisco & Saile LLC Can Manage Your Case
Cordisco & Saile LLC is a full-service law firm that can work your case from start to finish while you focus on your recovery. We can:
- Help you interpret laws, give you legal advice, and discuss possible outcomes of your case.
- Handle the communications, paperwork, and deadlines on your behalf.
- Build a case against the liable party.
- Engage the responsible party’s insurance company in settlement negotiations.
- Bring your case to trial and argue your case before a judge if the insurance company is unwilling to make you a fair offer.
If you ever have questions or want updates on your case, our team will be communicative and accessible to you.
The Statute of Limitations on Your Case
It is important to note that motorcycle accident lawsuits in Pennsylvania have a time limit. Per Title 42 § 5524, a general two-year statute of limitations applies to personal injury lawsuits. There may be unique circumstances that alter the deadline in your case.
Missing the deadlines that apply to your case could result in the court dismissing your lawsuit. Cordisco & Saile LLC can explain which deadlines pertain to your case when you hire us to represent you.
Call Cordisco & Saile LLC Today
We understand that uncertainty about your finances and the legal process can add stress and frustration to your recovery after a motorcycle accident. When you hire a motorcycle accident attorney in Northeast Philadelphia from Cordisco & Saile LLC, we can keep you informed of our strategy and the progress of your case.
We work on a contingency fee basis, where our attorney fees come as a percentage of your compensation only if you win. There are no up-front payments required in this type of payment structure.
Get started today with a free, no-obligation consultation with a representative of Cordisco & Saile LLC by calling (215) 642-2335.