Some injuries heal quickly; others change your life forever. A broken leg may keep you out of work for a few weeks, but a traumatic brain injury may limit your abilities and activities permanently. The emotional and physical trauma of your injuries can be long-lasting, and the financial implications may be devastating. You may wonder how you will ever pay the bills that seem to pile up every day.
If another party’s careless or reckless behavior injured you, you may be able to recover financial compensation known as damages. These damages may cover your medical expenses, lost wages, and compensate you for your physical and emotional trauma. You can seek damages with a personal injury lawyer’s help in Feasterville with Cordisco & Saile LLC. We offer an initial free consultation to learn more about your situation and help you review your legal options.
Key Elements of a Personal Injury Case
Personal injury cases vary in many ways, but all valid cases contain these elements:
- Duty of care: The at-fault party had an obligation not to put you at risk of harm. This duty changes based on the situation; for example, all drivers must follow traffic laws, and building owners must remove or place warnings around hazards like spills or ice.
- Breach of duty: The at-fault party violated the duty of care, putting you at risk.
- Causation: Violating the duty of care directly caused your injuries.
- Damages: Your injuries can be compensated financially; for example, by paying your medical bills or compensating you for your unpaid time out of work.
Types of Personal Injury Cases
There are several types of personal injury cases. At Cordisco & Saile LLC, we handle cases involving:
- Slip and fall accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Nursing home neglect
- Defective medical devices
- Defective drugs
- Paraquat and Parkinson’s disease
How Much Is My Personal Injury Case Worth?
Your personal injury case is unique, so our lawyer serving Feasterville will evaluate the details and estimate how much your case is worth. You may be able to recover damages for:
- Medical expenses for emergency room visits, ambulance rides, diagnostic imaging, surgeries, therapies, medications, medical equipment, and more
- Property damage for the repair or replacement of your vehicle, bicycle, watch, jewelry, or other belongings damaged in the accident
- Lost wages for any unpaid time off work
- Future lost wages if you cannot return to work
- Emotional trauma if the incident or your injuries cause you to develop anxiety, depression, insomnia, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), or other mental health conditions
- Physical pain and suffering if your injuries are particularly painful, cause you chronic pain, require multiple surgeries, or have a long recovery time
- Reduced quality of life if your injuries prevent you from participating in activities or hobbies you previously enjoyed, make you housebound, keep you from socializing, or reduce your quality of life in other ways
Our Feasterville injury lawyer will use evidence, such as medical bills and records, property repair or replacement bills, past wage statements, expert medical testimony, and interviews with you, your family, and your friends to substantiate our estimate of your damages.
How a Lawyer Can Help with Your Personal Injury Case
Our lawyer can help you with every aspect of your personal injury case. We will:
- Investigate your injuries. We will look for evidence that an outside party’s negligence led to your injuries. Evidence may include pictures of the accident, pictures of your injuries, witness statements, police reports, cell phone records, toxicology reports, and more.
- File an insurance claim. We will take care of all the paperwork, including tracking down your medical bills and records from every provider involved in your care and file an insurance claim on your behalf.
- Negotiate a settlement. An out-of-court settlement is often the quickest and easiest way to recover damages. We will negotiate a settlement that fully compensates you for your losses.
- File a lawsuit. If negotiations fail, we will sue the at-fault party and represent you in court.
Legal Deadlines in a Feasterville Personal Injury Case
Pennsylvania has a two-year time limit for personal injury and wrongful death cases (42 Pa. C.S.A. § 5524(2)). In many cases, the clock starts on the date that you were injured. For example, if you were hurt in a car accident or a slip and fall accident, you have two years from the accident date to file a lawsuit.
In other cases, you may not discover your injuries or your loved one’s injuries until after the fact. For example, you might not realize right away that your family member in a nursing home is suffering from abuse. In these situations, the two-year period begins on the date you discovered the injuries. Our personal injury lawyer in Feasterville will evaluate your case’s details to determine how this deadline affects you.
I’m Not Sure I Can Afford a Personal Injury Lawyer
Don’t let your fear of finances stand between you and your deserved financial compensation. You can afford our legal services, no matter how much money you bring home each week or how much is in your bank account. That’s because our team works on contingency. In short, we only get paid if you do.
The longer explanation is that we take our legal fees from your settlement or jury verdict. You pay us nothing up front or out of your pocket. We thoroughly evaluate each case and take only those with a strong chance of success. We get paid only if we win your case, so you have nothing to lose by reaching out and learning what we can do for you.
Cordisco & Saile LLC Can Help with Your Personal Injury Case
If you sustained injuries or lost a loved one because of another party’s negligence, you may be entitled to damages for unpaid time off work, medical bills, and other losses. A Feasterville injury lawyer with Cordisco & Saile LLC may be able to help you recover the damages you deserve, so call (215) 642-2335 to speak with a member of our team.
We provide a free initial case evaluation to all prospective clients, so reach out to our office today.