If you have suffered injuries due to the negligence of another person in Tullytown, Pennsylvania, you may feel frustrated or depressed that your pain has occurred through no fault of your own. You might also feel anxious about how you are going to pay your medical bills, especially if your injuries bring your future employment status into question.
A personal injury lawyer in Tullytown can help. The team from Cordisco & Saile LLC is able to represent your interests and work toward starting the process to receive compensation you may be entitled to for your medical bills, pain, and suffering. Contact us at (215) 642-2335 for a free consultation. We work on a contingency-fee basis, meaning you do not need to pay anything upfront to secure our services.
Types of Personal Injury Cases
Many types of accidents will fit under the umbrella of a personal injury case. Some concerns for which you can attempt to receive compensation you may be entitled to include:
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Motorcycle accidents, or underinsured motorist accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Drunk driving accidents
- Distracted driving accidents
- Truck accidents
- Construction site accidents
- Slip and fall or trip and fall accidents
- Defective products
- Dog bites
- Nursing home abuse
- Medical malpractice
- Defective drugs
Meeting the Criteria
To have a chance at receiving compensation you may be entitled for your personal injury case, you should be able to prove a few things that show negligence, including:
- Duty of care: where the other party owed you a duty to take actions or not take actions that could put you in harm’s way, such as violating traffic laws while driving a motor vehicle.
- Breach of duty: where the other party did not provide the property duty of care, resulting in recklessness toward the health of the other person.
- Damages: where you can show that you have suffered some sort of financial damages as a result of the duty of care breach in the accident. Evidence can include medical bills or lost wages.
- Causation: where you can show that the other party’s negligence directly caused your injuries, and that there was not another reason.
By collecting facts about your case through an investigation, you may be able to prove these four criteria occurred, which would make you eligible to try and receive compensation in a personal injury lawsuit.
A personal injury lawyer in Tullytown can help build your case using the facts, and determine a fair settlement amount to request that truly reflects your current situation while taking into account what you could face in the future. The team from Cordisco & Saile LLC can begin working on your case as soon as you hire us. Call us for a free consultation at (215) 642-2335.
Negotiating With the Insurer
One key task an attorney can help with is negotiating with the insurance company on your behalf.
Often times, an insurer will contact the victim in a personal injury case early in the process to provide a settlement offer. You may believe you can handle negotiations on your own, but insurance adjusters deal with personal injury cases and settlements on a regular basis, which may leave you at a disadvantage.
If you hire a personal injury lawyer, they can help with the negotiation phase. Additionally, by allowing the attorney to take over some of the tasks associated with a case like this, you can have more time to heal and focus on your family.
Taking a Case to Trial
Should the insurance company refuse to come to a fair settlement, a lawyer can also be ready to stand by your side in a court trial. The team from Cordisco & Saile LLC can work your behalf until the case reaches its conclusion.
Items Eligible for Compensation
In a personal injury case, you are able to seek compensation you may be entitled to for a variety of items related to the injuries you have suffered.
Some of the items eligible for compensation are easy to calculate, because they are economic expenses such as medical bills. Other items are more challenging to calculate because they either depend on making an estimate about what may happen in the future, or they are noneconomic expenses such as pain and suffering or decreased quality of life. Items eligible for compensation in a personal injury lawsuit may include:
- Medical bills: which can include bills you have already accumulated during initial treatment, as well as an estimate of bills you may have in the future for ongoing care related to your recovery.
- Lost wages: which may include salary you were unable to collect in the immediate aftermath of the accident as you recovered, as well as an estimate of any wages you will be unable to earn in the future because you cannot work in the same manner you did prior to the accident.
- Pain and suffering: which may include an amount designed to compensate you for pain from your injuries, and for emotional distress you may continue to have.
Cordisco & Saile LLC can Help You Fight for a Fair Settlement
If you are negotiating with the insurance company that represents the party who caused your injuries, it is important to present your side of the story. The insurer may try to convince you that your actions played a role in the accident, meaning you may not be entitled to the amount of compensation you are requesting.
A personal injury lawyer in Tullytown can help begin negotiations with the insurer on your behalf, so you can feel more certain that your version of what happened will be presented. The team from Cordisco & Saile LLC can study the facts in the case based on evidence, including police incident reports, interviews with witnesses, and any videos or photos of the scene.
Call us at (215) 642-2335 for a free review of your case. We understand how this type of accident can affect your life and the lives of your family members, and we can help represent your best interests in settlement negotiations or a court of law.