Your family may be entitled to compensation if your baby suffered harm during pregnancy or at birth. If a doctor’s medical malpractice in Yardley, PA, caused your child’s birth injuries, you may qualify to recover compensation for your child’s and your family’s damages.
Get the legal help your family deserves by calling Cordisco & Saile LLC at 215-642-2335. A birth injury lawyer in Yardley, PA can help you fight for compensation to ensure your child gets the care they need and your family recovers compensation for financial losses.
Types of Birth Injuries That Qualify for Malpractice Claims
Any birth injuries your child suffered because of a medical provider’s negligence may qualify for a medical malpractice claim. Examples of birth injuries that may be the subject of a medical malpractice case include:
- Cerebral palsy
- Erb’s palsy
- Klumpke’s palsy
- Caput succedaneum (swelling of tissue in the scalp)
- Cephalohematoma (bleeding between the brain and skin)
- Facial paralysis
- Bruises and lacerations
If your child suffered birth injuries, speak with a birth injury lawyer about your case.
Proving Medical Negligence Caused Your Child’s Birth Injuries
Your birth injury case, like any personal injury case, must establish that the defendant acted negligently and your child suffered birth injuries and related damages as a result.
Accordingly, our legal team can help you prove:
Duty of Care
As your birth injury lawyer in Yardley, PA, we can help you establish that the defendant owed your child a duty of care. Any doctor-patient relationship establishes this duty to provide a competent standard of care to patients.
Medical negligence refers to a medical provider’s failure to provide the patient with a reasonable standard of care. The standard of care is the actions and level of care expected of other reasonable medical professionals under similar circumstances. Examples of negligence that could cause birth injuries include:
- Failure to diagnose maternal medical conditions;
- Failure to properly care for maternal medical conditions;
- Negligent fetal monitoring;
- Failure to monitor oxygen levels during labor and delivery;
- Failure to respond to fetal emergencies during labor and delivery;
- Failure to order a C-section in a timely manner under emergency conditions;
- Incorrect use of forceps and other assistive birth devices; and
- Improper intubation following birth.
A birth injury case must also establish that the defendant’s negligence led to your child’s injuries. For example, if a doctor failed to monitor your child’s oxygen levels or did not appropriately respond to an emergency oxygen deprivation during delivery and your child suffered brain damage as a result, the doctor may be liable for your child’s brain damage.
Damages Related to Birth Injuries
Finally, a birth injury case must establish that your child and family suffered damages related to the birth injuries the defendant caused. The birth injury attorneys of Cordisco & Saile LLC will help you identify all the damages your family experienced as a result of the birth injuries and present evidence to fight for a fair settlement or judgment.
You May Recover Compensation for These Birth Injury Damages
A birth injury can have short- and/or long-term consequences for your child as well as your family. Fortunately, you have recourse to get the money your family needs to pay for your child’s care, replace wages you lose while caring for your child, and compensate your family for other damages.
The recoverable damages that apply to your case vary depending on the details of your child’s injury, prognosis, and the losses your family suffered. Some examples of recoverable damages in a birth injury case include:
- Medical expenses and hospitalization;
- Treatment, surgery, and medication;
- Ongoing care and assistive devices;
- Lost wages; or
- Pain and suffering.
How We Prove Negligence & Establish Liability for Birth Injuries
Our birth injury legal team will gather evidence and build a case that establishes the defendant did not provide a reasonable standard of care and your child suffered injuries as a result. Examples of evidence we may use include:
- Medical records from pregnancy, labor, delivery, hospitalization, and care following delivery;
- Testimony from medical experts and other subject matter experts; and
- Testimony from eyewitnesses who witnessed the defendant’s negligent care.
We will also pursue medical bills and other receipts to establish the value of your family’s losses.
Work with a Birth Injury Lawyer in Yardley, PA from Cordisco & Saile LLC
Cordisco & Saile LLC provides compassionate representation for families experiencing the trauma of a birth injury. Your child deserves justice and compensation for her injuries to ensure she gets the care she needs.
Our team offers free consultations to families dealing with birth injuries and only gets paid if you recover compensation. Here are some of the other benefits of working with Cordisco & Saile LLC:
- We keep you updated on your case from start to finish.
- We return your emails and phone calls in a timely manner to answer your questions.
- Our team investigates your child’s birth injury to identify how and why it happened and who is responsible.
- We get the evidence necessary to build your case and establish the defendant’s liability and the value of your case.
- We have a successful track record of helping our clients take legal action and get compensation for injuries.
Contact a Birth Injury Attorney at Cordisco & Saile LLCTo get a free consultation regarding your child’s birth injury case, contact Cordisco & Saile LLC. Our team will review your case and assist with the process of holding the defendant liable so your family gets the compensation you need. Make sure you do not overstep the Pennsylvania statute of limitations for medical malpractice. Call us at 215-642-2335 so we can start working for you today.