Langhorne residents have a deep pride in their historic borough and the many nationally registered homes marking 300 years of rich Pennsylvania history there. But despite the quaint, tree-lined town’s idyllic atmosphere, residents still face the challenges of what to do when confronted with a personal injury.
The Langhorne office of Cordisco & Saile LLC serves the local community and people in the surrounding Bucks County areas that face the trauma of personal injuries. If you’ve been injured at the hands of a careless person or organization, our Langhorne personal injury lawyers are here to help you get the compensation you deserve.
Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle
Our Langhorne office helps clients with a wide variety of personal injury lawsuits hold the responsible parties accountable.
Motor Vehicle Accidents
With the average Langhorne commute at about 26 minutes and employers bringing workers back into the office post-pandemic, car accidents will happen. If you have been injured in a motor vehicle accident during your commute, while running errands, or after heading out to eat, contact one of our Langhorne personal injury lawyers to discuss how you might seek legal recourse. Our experienced lawyers can help with:
- Car Accidents: Sadly, there were 54 car accident fatalities in Bucks County in 2018. If you were in a car accident and suffered minor or major injuries, you will want to explore a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit.
- Truck Accidents: In the busy Langhorne area, people can suffer injuries from trucking accidents. The State saw 122 fatalities from heavy truck accidents in 2020. People often suffer severe injuries like broken bones, spinal injuries, and whiplash in truck accidents because of their large size and weight.
- Motorcycle Accidents: Serious injuries and even fatalities can result from motorcycle accidents, where bikers are more vulnerable than people traveling in a car or truck. Locally, a motorcyclist suffered a serious leg injury in a crash along East Maple Avenue near Wood Service’s Beechwood Circle in the Langhorne section of Middletown township.
- Pedestrian Accidents: Walking in quaint Langhorne can be a wonderful experience. Sometimes, however, tragedy strikes, and a pedestrian is hurt or even killed. Bucks County experienced 85 pedestrian injuries involving vehicles in 2020. In 2019, vehicle crashes killed 12 pedestrians, and in 2020, six pedestrians died.
Motor vehicle accidents are not the only thing causing injuries in the Langhorne community.
Regrettably, you may be injured after slipping and falling while grocery shopping at Giant Foods or at a local hardware store or restaurant. Commercial and private property owners in Pennsylvania have a duty to keep their premises safe and free of hazards.
If you suffered an injury from tripping, slipping, or being struck by an object while at a retail or grocery store, a restaurant, or another commercial location, you may be eligible to file a personal injury lawsuit under premises liability laws.
Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect
Many Langhorne seniors live in one of 37 local assisted living facilities near Langhorne. Elder abuse spans physical, sexual, and emotional abuse, exploitation, abandonment, and neglect. Lamentably, staff members at nursing homes, assisted living locations, and other care facilities are frequently the abusers. Neglect at nursing homes can result in malnutrition, infections from unsanitary conditions, worsening medical conditions, and loss of self-respect.
Our Langhorne personal injury lawyers help clients secure compensation for injuries suffered during a medical procedure or from poor medical care. Medical malpractice lawsuits involve proving the doctor failed to live up to standard medical practice and was negligent in caring for a patient.
In our small town of about 1,700 people, educational services, health-care, social assistance, and construction are the largest industries. Sadly, injuries happen in all kinds of workplaces or when employees are working offsite.
If you suffered an injury while working, you are likely eligible for workers’ compensation benefits. Pennsylvania law requires a broad spectrum of businesses to carry workers’ compensation insurance providing employees with benefits after a workplace injury.
When a loved one passes away due to a medical provider’s carelessness, a freak accident, or someone acting unreasonably, Pennsylvania law gives the family members the right to bring a wrongful death lawsuit against the responsible parties. You shouldn’t have to suffer the emotional and financial toll of a wrongful death without the wrongdoer being held accountable.
What can a personal injury attorney do for me?
Evaluate Your Case
Before you hire a personal injury lawyer, they will assess your case, and using their knowledge of Pennsylvania law and familiarity with local courts and customs, they will advise you on your options and whether you should file a personal injury lawsuit.
Obtain All Pertinent Reports and Information
Motor-vehicle crashes on Pennsylvania roads and highways are investigated and reported by both the Pennsylvania State Police and local municipal police departments such as the Langhorne Police Department. Pennsylvania law requires the driver involved in an accident to file a report with the police department within five days of the accident. If an officer was called to the scene, they will file the accident report.
A personal injury lawyer will obtain the accident report from the Langhorne Police Department as well as any state police investigation information that contains key facts for your case.
Your lawyer will also identify and interview any witnesses to the accident, abuse, or situation in which you suffered injuries. Collecting information and facts will strengthen your case and aid negotiations for insurance payouts or settlements as well as establish witnesses for depositions or trial testimony.
Langhorne personal injury lawyers will also obtain the medical records that document your diagnoses, medical conditions, and injuries. These records are critical for many aspects of a case, including establishing that a party caused your injuries and owed a duty.
We also track your medical bills to calculate expenses and future medical costs along with current and future wage estimates to compensate for economic losses due to your injury.
Hire Experts to Testify on Medical Standards of Care and Injuries
Expert witnesses can make or break medical malpractice claims. Cordisco & Saile Langhorne personal injury lawyers have access to the best local, state, and national experts for your case. For example, a well-credentialed expert can demonstrate to the jury or during a case settlement that a doctor failed to meet the medical practice standards when they treated you.
Negotiate on Your Behalf
Langhorne personal injury lawyers are adept at negotiating with insurance companies, opposing counsel members, and third parties involved. Victims who try to negotiate with these parties themselves frequently succumb to tactics and pressure that can hurt the total amount of compensation garnered.
File Court Documents and Manage the Legal Process
A personal injury lawyer will file legal documents with the court that meet specific filing deadlines. All courts publish their own rules on deadlines and other filing requirements. You want a lawyer with knowledge of local and state courts so no missed deadlines could jeopardize your lawsuit’s success.
Our lawyers also schedule the court-required conferences and depositions as well as manage question-and-answer requests between the parties.
Take Care of You, Our Client
One of the most important things a personal injury lawyer does is support their client through what can be a chaotic and unsettling journey. Reliving the details of an injury can be traumatic, and giving testimony or deposition can be nerve-racking.
Our Langhorne lawyers take the time to talk with clients during all phases of a lawsuit, answering questions and giving advice on how to handle deposition questions or take the witness stand. We support clients with compassion during the difficult time of healing from injuries and dealing with emotional and psychological impacts. We go beyond legal advice because we care about our clients and attend to them like they are family.
Personal Injury Statute of Limitation
Due to filing deadlines for lawsuits, considering whether to file a personal injury lawsuit is somewhat urgent. If you miss the legal cutoff, you could be barred from suing those responsible.
In Pennsylvania, the statute of limitations to file a lawsuit is two years when seeking damages for:
- Personal injuries or the death of an individual caused by the wrongful act, unlawful violence, or negligence of another
- Injury to a person or property which is founded on negligent, intentional, or otherwise tortious conduct
- Injury or death of a person caused by exposure to asbestos
In Pennsylvania, the date an injury was discovered or should have been recognized starts the two-year statute of limitation countdown. Medical malpractice lawsuits fall under this two-year rule. However, some nuances can establish an alternate trigger for the start of that two-year period. An experienced Langhorne personal injury lawyer can help you determine that date for your case.
Compensation in a Personal Injury Case
When you file a personal injury lawsuit in Pennsylvania, you can seek compensation for the injuries and losses you suffered. Valid grounds for compensation may include:
- Medical expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Declined quality of life
- Missed work and lost wages
- Short-term or long-term disability
- Physical and emotional pain and suffering
- Punitive damages
- Wrongful death
Who Might Be Liable?
In personal injury cases, a lawyer must prove that a person or organization owed you a duty and breached that duty, causing your injuries. This means that those with a duty to you may be liable in a personal injury case.
- In a car accident, the driver that hit you may be liable, as they had a duty to take reasonable precautions.
- With a medical malpractice case, the doctor, their partnership, and the hospital could all be liable for injuries you suffered while in their care.
- Commercial establishments have duties to keep the premises safe and clear of hazards to avoid slip-and-fall accidents.
- Employers must provide safe working conditions for employees.
- Nursing home employees may be liable in a lawsuit if they owed a duty of care.
How much is my personal injury case worth?
Clients often want to know how they may be awarded in a personal injury lawsuit. The answer is: it depends. Compensation derives from how much was spent on medical bills, rehabilitation, physical therapy, and the like. Loss of wages due to an inability to work during recovery or in the long term can also contribute to your claim. Less tangible awards for emotional pain and suffering depend on the circumstances of the case and what you endured due to your injuries. And insurance coverage caps can play a role in how much you secure.
When should I contact a personal injury lawyer?
It is a good idea to contact a lawyer as soon as possible after you suffer an injury. Evidence can expire or be removed from the scene. Witness accounts may become foggy. And the state of your medical condition may change or be insufficiently documented.
How much does a lawyer cost?
Our Langhorne personal injury lawyers work on a contingency basis. This means our lawyers get paid a percentage of what the defendant or insurance company ultimately pays our clients. If we don’t win your case, you won’t be charged.
In Pennsylvania, there is no statutory cap on lawyers’ contingency fees. Personal injury lawyer fees average between 33 to 45 percent, with most falling at 33 percent. For example, if you are paid a $1 million award, your lawyer would get $330,000, or 33 percent.
What makes Cordisco & Saile the best choice?
Cordisco & Saile’s Langhorne personal injury lawyers have litigated in Pennsylvania and New Jersey for years. We have an office in Langhorne to serve this growing and vibrant community.
Our firm has secured significant financial awards for personal injury clients. We fight against large and small corporations to ensure our clients get the compensation they deserve. We believe in seeing justice done when someone is wronged.
Our results show why we are the best choice when you need a Langhorne personal injury lawyer.
- $2,470,000 award: Serious spinal injuries from a car accident sent our client into spinal surgery. Complications from the surgery, including an MRSA infection, left him using a cane for the rest of his life.
- $1,200,000 award: We secured this award for the victim of a motorcycle accident.
- $200,000 award: Our client received this compensation for injuries including broken bones throughout her body from a high-speed head-on collision.
- Confidential amount: This client, who was thrown to the ground and assaulted by a bar bouncer, sustained a broken arm and a damaged hand. His injuries required two wound surgeries and plastic surgery for scarring.
Client testimonials also tell you why Cordisco & Saile is the best choice in the Langhorne community. Here are a few comments from wonderful clients we had the honor to represent in personal injury cases:
- “After my brother died in an accident, Mr. Cordisco and his team worked tirelessly to not only help us navigate our legal matters but also assisted in helping us to find closure during our family’s tremendous period of grief. His knowledge, support, professionalism, caring personality, and willingness to go above and beyond are unmatched. I would not hesitate to recommend Mr. Cordisco to anyone in need of an attorney, as he has my complete trust and respect.” — Lisa Witman
- “They are the best for personal injury. No questions, no doubts. Mike, John, and Michelle helped our family get through a really bad accident. I was very nervous going into the court before Mike and Michele prepared me for what to expect. After their attention to my preparation, I was fine to the point I was confident. John, you really helped to move me into feeling safe going into our situation.” — Demelza Pepe
- “I hired John about a year ago, after I was hit by an automobile as a pedestrian. John and his team were extremely professional and caring every step of the way. They were in communication with me on a regular basis, letting me know how the case was proceeding, and when I had a question, either by email or phone call, I always had an answer in 24 hours or less. I would recommend John and his entire team to anyone needing this type of legal services. They made the entire process as painless as possible during a stressful time.” — Joyce Taylor
- “Cordisco & Saile LLC has the knowledge and experience to represent you at the very highest level possible. You can count on a successful and positive resolution when John Cordisco and his team are looking out for your best interest. Do it right the first time. Don’t go it alone or with anyone other than John Cordisco and his team at Cordisco & Saile LLC.” — Jerry Coleman
Contact Us for a Free Consultation
We offer a free consultation on the viability of your personal injury lawsuit. If you’ve been injured, don’t delay. Contact us immediately so your lawsuit won’t be rejected due to Pennsylvania’s two-year statute of limitation.
At no cost to you, a Cordisco & Saile team member will review the details of your case and advise you on your legal options. We will answer all your questions and get to know you at the same time.
To schedule an appointment, call (215)642-2336 today. Our Langhorne office is easy to find, at 403 Executive Drive #100, Langhorne, PA 19047.