What Clients Say About Steven
Steven J. DeBonis
Steven J. DeBonis, joined the law firm in January 2020 after over four years of experience in the public sector.
Mr. DeBonis graduated from Nottingham High School, located in Hamilton, Mercer County, NJ. While in high school, Mr. DeBonis was inducted into various National Honors Societies and a standout in baseball.
In college, Mr. DeBonis completed his undergraduate degree in English at Drew University. He was also a member of the collegiate baseball team, where he earned MVP honors and a Landmark Conference Championship.
Mr. DeBonis attended graduate school at Rutgers Law School where he received his Juris Doctor degree.
After passing both the Pennsylvania and New Jersey bar examinations, Mr. DeBonis began his law career at the Philadelphia District Attorney’s Office. Here, Mr. DeBonis was appointed to the Municipal and Juvenile Sectors before being assigned to Waiver Felony Trials.
While working at the Philadelphia District Attorney’s Office, Mr. DeBonis continued his legal education and obtained his Masters of Law (Legum Magister) from Temple University in Philadelphia.
Mr. DeBonis then continued his legal career at the Middlesex County Prosecutor’s Office, where he was assigned to the vertical trial team. In both Philadelphia and Middlesex, Mr. DeBonis worked closely with victims and handled cases ranging from drug related crimes to drug-induced homicides. It was during his time at both locations that Mr. DeBonis tried countless jury trials successfully.
Mr. DeBonis brings a wealth of experience handling sensitive cases to the firm. During Mr. DeBonis’ career, he had the opportunity to consult with and advocate for people who were victims of crimes and is eager to continue doing so in his new role at Cordisco & Saile.
In his free time, Mr. DeBonis enjoys spending time with his family, and dogs. He also enjoys exercising, attending sports events, and traveling.
- Member in Good Standing of the Pennsylvania and New Jersey State Bars
- Admitted to the Middle and East Pennsylvania District Courts
- Middlesex County Prosecutor’s Office (July 2017 – Present), Assistant Prosecutor, Trial Team
- Philadelphia District Attorney’s Office (January 2016 – July 2017), Assistant District Attorney
- Children’s Justice Clinic (January 2015 – May 2015), Supervised Attorney
Temple Beasley School of Law – Latin Legum Magister in Trial Advocacy – April 2017
Rutgers School of Law – Juris Doctorate Recipient – May 2015
Intensive Trial Academies
- County Prosecutor’s Annual College – Atlantic City, New Jersey – 2017, 2018
- Lanier Trial Academy 4.0 – Houston, Texas – 2019
- Lanier Trial Academy 5.0 – Houston, Texas – 2021
- Lanier Trial Academy 6.0 – Houston, Texas – 2022
- Lanier Trial Academy 7.0 – Houston, Texas -2023
- TBI Med Legal Conference – San Diego, CA – 2023
News & Media Appearances
- Featured in Suburban Life Magazine