Personal Injury Lawyer in Bucks County
You could be entitled to a substantial monetary award if you’ve recently been injured in an accident in Bucks County, Pennsylvania. The experienced personal injury lawyers at Cordisco & Saile LLC are ready to help you stand up to insurance companies and at-fault parties to fight for the maximum compensation you deserve.
We are nationally recognized, award-winning trial attorneys with a demonstrated ability to win tough personal injury cases like yours. Our team has won millions of dollars in compensation for clients in cases involving car accidents, truck accidents, medical malpractice, slip and fall accidents, construction accidents, wrongful death, and more.
Level the playing field against big and powerful insurance companies. Get our respected and successful litigators on your side. Give our legal team a call to arrange a time for a free consultation to get started today. We have offices conveniently located in Bensalem, Langhorne, Doylestown, Bristol, and Quakertown to better serve you during your time of need.
We Handle a Variety of Personal Injury Cases
At Cordisco & Saile LLC, we’re dedicated to providing injury victims and grieving families in Bucks County and across Southeastern Pennsylvania with the level of service and legal representation they deserve after a life-changing accident.
We handle all types of personal injury cases, including:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Uber & Lyft accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Construction accidents
- Workers’ compensation
- Dog bites and animal attacks
- Product liability
- Medical malpractice
- Birth injury
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
- Wrongful death, and more.
If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident in Bucks County, don’t hesitate to call our personal injury attorneys for help. Our team is available to take your call and set up a time for your free consultation now.
Why Do I Need a Personal Injury Lawyer If I’ve Been in an Accident in Bucks County?
Hiring a Bucks County personal injury attorney to represent you after an unexpected accident is one of the best decisions you can make.
- You deserve time to recover. You can’t focus on getting better if you’re trying to fight a powerful insurance company. Hiring a lawyer gives you the opportunity to do that while also putting your case in more experienced hands.
- You’ll level the playing field. Insurance companies and other defendants want you to try to handle your personal injury claim by yourself. After all, they have an advantage since they have teams of attorneys and adjusters who handle cases like yours daily. By hiring an attorney, you balance the scales and show at-fault parties that you are serious about getting all of the compensation you deserve.
- You’ll benefit from the law firm’s resources. The insurance company will have experts working to find reasons to deny your claim or drive down its value. You deserve experts working on your behalf, too. When you hire a law firm, you don’t just get an attorney. You’ll also benefit from the firm’s resources and relationships with respected accident experts, too.
- You don’t want to accept less than your case is worth. You definitely don’t want the insurance company or defendant to dictate how much money you can get after your accident in Bucks County. They certainly don’t have your best interests at heart. Your lawyer will work tirelessly to identify all of your damages and work closely with injury specialists to ensure that they’re valued properly.
It’s not just about hiring any personal injury attorney in Bucks County. Your choice of attorney matters – and it’s why you should call Cordisco & Saile LLC immediately after your accident.
There’s a reason we have over 250 five-star ratings and reviews from past clients. We provide compassionate, effective legal representation that helps our clients achieve the best possible outcomes in their personal injury cases. We’re experienced, passionate about what we do, and ready to invest whatever resources and time are necessary to get the results you deserve.
Have you suffered an injury?
How We Support Our Clients
When you hire Cordisco & Saile LLC to represent you, we strive to be the best injury attorney in Bucks County, Pennsylvania, can get right to work on your case. They can:
- Immediately take over the communications and paperwork in your case.
- Answer your questions and give you legal advice.
- Design a legal strategy for your defense.
- Investigate your accident and determine who is liable for your injuries.
- Collect evidence that demonstrates the party’s liability.
- Collect evidence to prove the range and value of your damages.
- Negotiate a settlement with the insurance company of the responsible party.
- Take your case to trial and defend your rights before a judge, if necessary.
We can also conduct your case in compliance with applicable Pennsylvania laws.
Steps You Can Take Following an Accident
One of the most important things you can do after an accident is to see a doctor for an evaluation of your injuries. Even if you think your injuries are minor and will get better on their own within a few days or weeks, this is still an important step.
Seeing a doctor shortly after an accident can create evidence in your medical record connecting your injuries to the accident. This evidence may be useful later on in your personal injury case.
Other steps to consider after an accident include:
- Retaining evidence from the scene when possible and keeping all bills and documentation of your accident-related expenses.
- Complying with your doctor’s treatment program and keeping a journal of your pain and how your injuries impact your daily life.
- Refraining from posting about your injuries on social media, where your statements could be viewed by the opposition and used against you.
- Using caution when speaking about your accident with the responsible party’s insurance company.
Call Cordisco & Saile LLC for a free consultation on your case with a member of our team at 215-642-2335. We can discuss your accident and your legal options to determine if we can help.
Damages Available to Accident Victims in Bucks County
There are two types of damages that can be awarded to accident victims in Bucks County, PA: compensatory and punitive.
Compensatory damages, awarded to compensate you for costs and losses associated with your accident, fall into one of two categories: economic and non-economic.
Economic damages are intended to make you financially whole after your accident and injury.
Examples of economic awards include:
- Medical transportation, hospitalization, and current medical bills
- Ongoing medical treatment and future medical expenses
- Lost wages, income, and benefits
- Reduced earning capacity
- Property damage
- Nursing assistance
Non-economic damages are intended to make up for the consequences of your injuries that are difficult to value in terms of dollars and cents.
Often known as “pain and suffering” damages, examples include:
- Chronic physical pain
- Emotional distress
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Reduced quality of life
Punitive damages, on the other hand, are awarded for the sole purpose of punishing the defendant for outrageous and shocking conduct. Under Pennsylvania law, there must be clear and convincing evidence that a defendant’s conduct was intentional or grossly negligent.
Personal Injury FAQ
Can I still recover compensation if I’m blamed for an accident in Pennsylvania?
Maybe. Sharing responsibility for an accident will affect your right to get compensation. Pennsylvania has a modified comparative negligence statute. Damages are reduced by your degree of fault – up to 51 percent. After that, you lose the ability to get any money at all.
Other parties may attempt to point fingers and blame you for your accident. If you don’t fight back, you could watch your financial award slip away. Hiring an attorney can help to ensure that you really do get all of the money you deserve.
Is there a time limit for filing a personal injury lawsuit in Pennsylvania?
Yes, Pennsylvania has a two-year statute of limitations that applies to most personal injury lawsuits. This generally gives you two years from the date of your accident or a loved one’s death to file a claim for damages in civil court.
If you miss the deadline that applies to your case, you forfeit the right to demand accountability and secure the compensation you may deserve.
How do I know if I have a personal injury case?
You may have legitimate grounds to file a personal injury lawsuit if you were injured:
- Because of another person’s negligence
- While using a defective or unreasonably dangerous product
- While you were lawfully on someone else’s property in Bucks County
- Bitten or attacked by a dog, or
- While working in Bucks County.
Most personal injury cases are based on negligence. Negligence means that another person owed you a duty of care, breached it in some way (failing to act reasonably under the circumstances), and caused you to get hurt and suffer damages. If you can prove this with facts and evidence by a preponderance of the evidence, you should be entitled to a financial award.
The best way to know if you have a personal injury claim is by speaking with an experienced accident attorney near you in Bucks County.
What does it cost to hire a personal injury lawyer?
Personal injury lawyers typically work on what’s called contingency. Simply put, their fee depends entirely on the outcome of a case. A personal injury attorney is only paid for their hard work if they win their client’s case.
How Common Are Accidents in Bucks County?
Bucks County, the fourth most populated region in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, is home to more than 627,000 people. Situated north of Philadelphia, southeast of Allentown, and southwest of Trenton, NJ, it’s a popular place for area commuters to settle down and call home.
As a result, Bucks County roads are heavily traveled by residents, commuters, and passersby alike. According to the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation, roughly 5 percent of the state’s traffic accidents unfold in Bucks County every year.
Between 2016 and 2019, there were an average of 6,157 car accidents reported in Bucks County annually. In 2020, auto accidents declined across Pennsylvania, but Bucks County still reported having 4.6 percent of the state’s total collisions.
That year, there were a total of 4,827 car accidents, which included:
- 47 fatal crashes
- 2,122 collisions resulting in at least one injury, and
- 2,656 wrecks causing property damage only.
Based on those car accident statistics, more than 44 percent of all traffic accidents in Bucks County result in an injury or death.
Of course, motor vehicle accidents aren’t the only reason people suffer avoidable injuries and deaths in Bucks County.
Our Trusted Bucks County Personal Injury Lawyers Are Ready to Help You Maximize Your Financial Recovery
Have you suffered a traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury, severe burns, lost a limb, or another catastrophic injury in an accident in Bucks County? If so, do not hesitate to contact Cordisco & Saile LLC. Our award-winning Bucks County personal injury lawyers are ready to help you stand up and fight for the compensation you deserve.
We offer a free, no-obligation case evaluation at our law offices in Bucks County. Give us a call to arrange a time to sit down with a member of our compassionate team. We’re always standing by to help
Contact Us Today
Please fill out the quick contact form below for a fast and free case consultation. We will
contact you within 24 hours!
Contact Us For
Free Case Evaluation
Local First Responder After Truck Collision
Bucks County Woman Injured at Shopping Center
Bucks County Car Accident Victim