When looking for an injury lawyer in Montgomery County, you may want to first consider the needs of your situation. Ask yourself the following questions:
- How much experience do I want my lawyer to have?
- Does my prospective law firm handle my particular practice area?
- Is my case eligible for contingency-fee-based representation?
You should consider your legal options quickly because of Pennsylvania’s statute of limitations. You could have as little as two years to file your case.
Your prospective lawyer’s experience is critical
You likely want a lawyer who has years of experience both in and out of the courtroom, especially in litigating in your case’s specific practice area. When searching for an injury lawyer in Montgomery County, be sure to look at their certifications, awards, and previous verdicts.
Also, check out:
- Their reviews online
- Testimonials on their website
- Their listed case results on their website
- The American Bar Association’s directory
Look for a personal injury lawyer who handles cases like yours
Not all lawyers handle the same practice areas. For instance, birth injury lawyers may not handle car accident cases. When you visit their website, look for your case’s practice area. See what measures the lawyer will take to win you compensation.
During your search, consider whether the lawyer works with third-party field consultants (like healthcare professionals) to validate claims. This network of resources could be vital to your case’s success.
You can also call a law firm’s representative to ask more about:
- What kinds of damages you could expect to seek in your case
- How much compensation you may be able to pursue
- How the firm may approach moving forward with your case
- How the firm will plan on updating you as your case proceeds
Lawyers charge nothing upfront in a contingency-fee arrangement
After being injured, you may be grappling with medical bills, lost income, and pain and suffering. You likely do not want the cost of legal aid to add to your financial concerns. However, many personal injury lawyers work on a contingency-fee basis, meaning:
- They do not rely on upfront payment, retainers, or hourly rates.
- They get paid out of your court award or settlement.
- You agree on the percentage your lawyer will take from your winnings at the beginning of your case. This percentage will depend on the challenges in your case and how long it will take to resolve it.
You can explore your options during a free case review
Many personal injury firms offer free case reviews. This is a conversation that you have with a law firm’s representative who will analyze the circumstances of your case.
You can expect the following to take place:
- The representative will take down your contact information, including your name, address, and phone number.
- They will ask you questions about your case, including how you were hurt, what damages you incurred, and your current quality of life.
- They will explain what legal options you may have. You could pursue damages through a claim. Lawsuits are usually not necessary.
- From there, they will connect you to a personal injury lawyer from their team. This could happen either the same day as your initial consultation or days afterward.
You can also ask the representative questions, like how long it could take to resolve your case and what types of damages you can collect.
Other considerations when looking for a lawyer in Montgomery County
These are only a handful of the things that you should consider while looking for a lawyer to handle your case. You may have other concerns specific to your situation that could factor into the decision-making process, though.
Some of these concerns may include that:
- The insurer has denied your claim or offered you a low settlement.
- You may be partially at fault for what happened.
- You are unsure of who is liable for your damages.
- There is not sufficient evidence to support your claim.
- You’ve noticed that the statute of limitations has expired on your case.
Your lawyer’s job is to build a case that awards you compensation. Not only can they address your concerns, but they can also hold the other party accountable for your damages.
Call Cordisco & Saile LLC for more information
We are confident that we have the resources you want to build your case. We pride ourselves on our dedication, experience, and compassion.
- Have represented people for three decades
- Handle several practice areas, including car accidents, premises liability incidents, and dog bites
- Offer help on a contingency-fee basis
- Offer all clients a free, initial case review
To connect with our firm, call us today at (215) 642-2335. You can ask us anything about your case at no upfront obligation.