See Your Family Doctor Post Accident

Many types of injuries can arise from a PA or NJ car accident, states Bucks County personal injury lawyer Michael L. Saile, Jr. You may not feel the injury right away, but that doesn’t mean that it’s not there. Seeing your family doctor shortly after the accident is a good way to check for further physical problems beyond cuts, bruises, and some general stiffness.

Your family doctor will know what to look for and can either recommend a specialist for you to see or will send you for the appropriate medical testing for an accurate diagnosis of your PA accident injury.  

A head injury is not uncommon after a Philadelphia area car accident. The lack of a seat belt is sometimes the cause of your head hitting some part of the interior of the car or the windshield. If this occurs, bleeding and brain swelling can follow. The good news is, most victims can recover from a mild head injury without any long-term effects. However, it is imperative you see a doctor after your accident.

When you go see your family doctor, he/she will ask you a series of questions such as what caused the injury, your medical history, and any symptoms you may be feeling such as vomiting, seizures or problems breathing since your PA auto accident. 

Spinal cord injuries are also commonly linked to accidents. If your accident causes you discomfort in your back and neck you will likely go to your doctor displaying symptoms such as:

  • Loss of muscle control (moderate or severe),
  • Lack of mobility,
  • Numbness, and/or
  • Pain.

Your doctor could recommend X-rays or an MRI to diagnose your injury. Depending on your determined injury, your doctor may recommend treatment options which could include:

  • Medication;
  • Physical therapy;
  • Massage therapy;
  • Acupuncture;
  • Injections; or
  • Surgery.

Ankle sprains are found in both mild and severe car accidents. This type of injury can result in:

  • Pain and tenderness of the ankle,
  • Swelling,
  • Bruising, and
  • An inability to walk. 

Your family doctor will usually be able to diagnose your ankle injury with just a few questions, asking primarily what your pain level and mobility levels are. 

If you have been the victim of a car accident, and have an injury diagnosed by a family doctor, you might need a Pennsylvania or New Jersey personal injury lawyer.  Call our offices to speak to an attorney today.  Additionally, order a copy of Attorney Saile’s PA Car Accident Book so that you can have many of your important questions answered right now.