Specialists Treat Accident Injuries

If you’ve been injured in a PA or NJ auto accident, it is likely that you will need to visit a specialist for your injuries, according to Bucks County personal injury lawyer Michael L. Saile, Jr.  It is important to first visit your family doctor, within a few days after the accident. Your family doctor knows your medical history and can evaluate your accident injuries to decide the specialty care from which you would most benefit. With the exception of minor strains and sprains or bruising, there is a good chance that your PA accident injuries will warrant a visit to at least one of the following medical specialists.

  • Chiropractor:  Specializes in injuries to the spine. Spinal injuries that often result from PA auto accidents include herniated discs or bulging discs, nerve damage, and fractures.
  • Neurologist:  A visit to a neurologist may be necessary if you sustained a spinal cord injury or brain injury in a Philadelphia area auto accident. A traumatic brain injury (TBI) is often treated with physical therapy and the help of a neurologist.
  • Orthopedist:  Treatment of the musculoskeletal system, which includes bones, joints, nerves, ligaments, tendons, and muscles.  An orthopedist would treat your broken bone, your damaged knee joint, and your dislocated shoulder or elbow.
  • Physical Therapist:  Physical therapists can specialize as well, and may be necessary for any of the injuries mentioned above. Physical therapists are often essential to getting your life back to normal after a Bucks County auto accident.
  • Pain Management: This type of doctor, or team of doctors, will pinpoint the source of your pain – whether it is joint damage, herniated disc, or radiculopathy – and offer you several ways to remain active while managing your pain.  This may include serveral different types of therapy such as medication, electric stimulation, exercise, and acupuncture to name a few.
  • Surgeon:  Surgery may be necessary for more severe injuries to any body part. Surgery may also be an option for those suffering from chronic, severe pain due to an auto accident injury.

It may be necessary to work with any of the above-listed physicians for an extended period of time, until your injury has healed and your pain has subsided. The treatments and the time it takes to heal your Bucks County auto accident injury will vary depending on the severity of the injury and your lifestyle.

If you’ve been injured in a Philadelphia area auto accident, contact the personal injury lawyers at Cordisco & Saile LLC for a FREE consultation at our Bucks County, PA law office. Download a FREE copy of our PA Car Accident Book so that you know how to best protect yourself in the aftermath of a Pennsylvania accident.