Countless numbers of auto accidents occur in the United States each day. The motorists that travel in and around Doylestown face the risk of a crash every time they get behind the wheel. While some accidents are unavoidable, others are the result of careless or dangerous driving.
If you have suffered injuries in an auto accident, you could be entitled to compensation from the negligent party that caused the crash. The physical, emotional, and financial cost of these accidents is high, and you should not have to carry the burden alone. The attorneys at Cordisco & Saile LLC can walk you through the claims process and assist with the challenges that come with it. To learn more, call (215) 642-2335 to speak with a team member today. An auto accident lawyer in Doylestown can help you file a claim.
How Auto Accidents Happen
There are varying ways that auto accidents occur. Many of these collisions involve two or more vehicles. In these cases, driver error is often to blame. When a driver causes a collision with another motorist, they could be on the hook for any damages that occur.
Other vehicle accidents involve a single driver. While single-vehicle accidents often do not result in a viable injury claim, that is not always the case. Many single-vehicle crashes occur due to a faulty vehicle part or poorly-maintained stretch of road. In these cases, an injured driver could have a viable claim against the part manufacturer or government entity responsible for maintaining the roadway. Some of the most common types of accidents include:
- Head-on collisions
- Side-impact collisions
- Rollover crashes
- Hit and run accidents
- Rear-end collisions
- Single vehicle accidents
Dealing With Insurance Companies
If you suffer injuries in an auto accident, your first step should be to seek out immediate medical attention. Your health is your top priority, and early treatment could limit the long-term impact of your injuries. Once you have faced your injuries, your next step involves dealing with the insurance company in order to have them pay for the cost of your treatment.
Your first step would be to pursue a claim against the negligent driver’s liability coverage in most states. This type of coverage protects a negligent driver from third-party lawsuits. However, the law works differently in Doylestown, given that Pennsylvania is a “no-fault” state. Under no-fault laws, drivers must collect monetary benefits from their own insurance companies no matter who caused the crash. It is worth noting that Pennsylvania differs from other no-fault states. The state follows a “choice no-fault” system, allowing motorists to select either fault or no-fault insurance policies.
In either case, you will likely deal with an insurance company in order to recover compensation for your injuries. These companies are driven by profit and will go to great lengths to avoid paying you the compensation you deserve. In many cases, insurance adjusters will press you to accept an inadequate settlement or twist your words as an excuse to deny your claim.
The attorneys at Cordisco & Saile LLC can serve as your advocates and deal with the insurance companies on your behalf. Our team can negotiate directly with the insurance companies and ensure that you are treated fairly. Call (215) 642-2335 today to schedule a free consultation with an auto accident lawyer in Doylestown.
Successful auto accident claims often result in significant monetary compensation. Even in seemingly minor accidents, the cost of addressing medical bills or auto repairs can be steep. Examples of available compensation could include:
- Medical costs. All of the expenses related to your medical care after an accident could be recouped through an injury claim. This includes the cost of a hospital stay, ambulance ride, surgical procedures, physical therapy, or chiropractic care.
- Disfigurement. Many auto accidents result in severe scarring or disfigurement. You could be entitled to recover a monetary award based on these injuries.
- Lost wages. If you are unable to work in the days or weeks following an accident, your attorney could help you pursue compensation for the paychecks you missed.
- Property damage. The amount of damage to your vehicle could be significant. Your claim could recover the cost to repair or replace your vehicle, depending on which option makes the most financial sense.
- Mental anguish. For many people, reliving the stress of an injury can haunt them long after the injury heals. These damages are known as mental anguish.
How an Attorney Could Help
Many considerations go into a successful auto accident claim. Your attorney can ensure you never miss a step during this critical process. Your attorney can handle every aspect of your claim, allowing you to focus on your physical and mental wellbeing. Some of the ways an attorney can help with your auto accident claim include:
- Investigating the crash. A thorough investigation is important to any auto accident claim. Your attorney can identify the party that caused the crash as well as the evidence needed to prove liability.
- Negotiate a settlement. Many auto accident claims are resolved through a mutual settlement. Your attorney can work to ensure the offer you receive is fair.
- Pursue litigation. When a lawsuit is necessary, your attorney can ensure that your claim meets all technical requirements and deadlines.
- Trying your case. Most cases settle before trial. Your attorney can prepare for trial if your case is not resolved through a mutual agreement.
Recover a Monetary Award For Your Auto Accident Injuries
If another driver is responsible for your auto accident in Doylestown, justice requires that they face accountability for your damages. It is unreasonable for you to face the burden of your medical expenses or other losses. The attorneys at Cordisco & Saile LLC are ready to make things right. To discuss your legal options with an auto accident lawyer in Doylestown, call (215) 642-2335 to schedule a free consultation as soon as possible.