If you’ve been injured or have lost a family member as a result of a preventable injury or illness, you are not alone. One of our injury attorneys serving Montgomery County can review your case, explain your legal rights, and guide you in fighting for the financial compensation you and your family need and deserve.
We have secured millions of dollars in settlements and verdicts for families across Pennsylvania and beyond. From the moment our legal team accepts your case, we never stop fighting for justice for you. We will review your case, answer your questions, address your concerns, and provide an overview of what to expect as you move forward with your claim.
How to know if you have a personal injury case
If you are experiencing the physical, emotional, and financial toll a serious injury or illness can take, you may be entitled to seek compensation for your suffering—so long as we can prove that another party acted negligently and caused your injury.
Many injuries could be caused by someone else’s negligence, including dog bites, slip and fall injuries, nursing home neglect and abuse, vehicle collisions, and more. For instance:
- A store owner may be found negligent if a wet floor on their store premises caused you to slip and fall.
- A dog owner could be found negligent if they did not take steps to restrain a dangerous dog, and you suffered serious injuries in an attack.
One of our injury attorneys serving Montgomery County will investigate your case to determine whether negligence caused or contributed to your injury. From there, the value of your case will be calculated, and the claims process can proceed.
Forms of personal injury cases we can help you with
Our lawyers can help you with a personal injury case if you were involved in the following accidents:
- Vehicle accidents, including car, bus, truck, and motorcycle accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Nursing home abuse
- Slip and falls
- Defective medical device cases
- Defective drug cases
- Wrongful death cases
- And more
If you are unsure what type of injury case you may have or if your situation isn’t listed above, you can give our office a call to find out how we may be able to help.
Compensation you may be entitled to seek
In Pennsylvania, personal injury victims have the legal right to seek full and fair financial compensation for the damages incurred as a direct result of an injury. Recoverable damages fall into two categories.
Economic damages refer to tangible financial losses such as medical bills. Non-economic damages refer to those that are less tangible but equally devastating, such as pain and suffering and a diminished quality of life.
- Medical bills: Including doctor visits, emergency room care, specialist visits, surgeries, hospital admissions, medications, rehabilitation services, and more
- Lost wages: Including income lost as a result of your current inability to work as well as any reduction to your earning capacity in the future
- Pain and suffering: Reflecting the physical pain and hardship your injuries caused you
- Out-of-pocket costs: Which may include transportation to and from doctor’s appointments, in-home medical care, required adaptive modifications made to your home or vehicle, and more
- Wrongful death compensation: Including funeral and burial costs, your loved one’s final medical expenses, and lost income formerly earned by your loved one
You don’t have to shoulder the financial burden for an injury or illness that someone else caused. The injury attorneys on our team understand that you did not ask for what you’re experiencing and will work hard to ensure you aren’t left footing the bill.
What to expect from the claims process
Personal injury cases revolve around proving negligence. In order to seek the compensation you deserve, we will need to build a case that demonstrates that your injuries were caused by the other party’s negligence.
We will conduct a comprehensive investigation into your accident to pinpoint the exact cause and collect evidence that proves your injury could and should have been prevented.
Proving negligence and establishing liability
In order to establish liability, we will need to build a case that meets the following criteria of personal injury law:
- First, we’ll need to prove that the other party owed you a duty of care—meaning they had a responsibility to ensure your safety.
- Then we’ll need to prove that this duty was neglected and this neglect directly contributed to or caused your injuries or illness.
- Finally, we will need to clearly demonstrate the financial, emotional, and physical damages you’ve suffered as a direct result of the injury or illness.
The benefits of hiring an attorney with our firm to guide you through the process
While legal representation is not a prerequisite for filing a claim, securing legal counsel can help you navigate the claims process smoothly and help you fight for every dollar available in your case.
Insurance companies have entire teams of attorneys at their disposal and have many strategies for challenging your claim. An insurance company may try to:
- Offer you a low settlement amount
- Claim you made your own injuries worse
- Deny your claim outright
You and your family have been through enough. You can let an attorney from our team handle the stress of negotiation and litigation. We will fight for you so you can focus on what truly matters—your health, your family, and your quality of life.
When to consult someone from our office
Under Pennsylvania law, victims are given two years from the date of the accident (or the date of a loved one’s death) to file a personal injury or wrongful death claim. At first glance, this window of time seems ample. When looked at more closely, however, this is a tight window of opportunity given how much goes into investigation and evidence collection.
Missing this window is easy to do and can eliminate your opportunity to fight for what you deserve. You don’t have to let that happen to you. One of our injury attorneys from Montgomery County can help you to start the process.
Get started with a free case review
Cordisco & Saile LLC has been awarded over 200 five-star ratings and reviews from past clients. We can get to work for you today.
Your first call is free, and our team will listen as you outline your case and discuss your questions. We will answer every question in easily understood terms so that you can make informed decisions, and we will advise you on your next steps. Call (215) 642-2335 to speak with a member of our team today.