Brain Injury Lawyer in Reading, PA
Brain injuries are often severe and life-altering. Victims face long recovery periods, expensive medical bills, and emotional suffering from brain injuries suffered in accidents. If you or a loved one sustained a brain injury due to another person’s negligence, you may qualify to claim compensation for your losses. Contact Cordisco & Saile LLC to work with an experienced brain injury lawyer in Reading, PA, who can help you get the compensation you deserve.
Brain injuries can devastate accident victims and their families. While some injuries are minor and victims eventually recover, others are traumatic brain injuries that leave people with life-changing or permanent deficits and disabilities. The aftermath of a brain injury accident is emotionally and financially overwhelming. However, you have legal options to get the support you need and deserve.
At Cordisco & Saile, LLC, a brain injury lawyer, can help you claim the maximum compensation for your losses. You may qualify to recover the cost of medical bills, lost wages, expenses for future medical care, and pain and suffering. Contact us to schedule a free consultation with our compassionate team of Reading personal injury attorneys to see how we can help you and your family get justice.
- Why Choose Cordisco & Saile’s Brain Injury Lawyers?
- What Is Considered a Brain Injury?
- Who Is Responsible for My Brain Injury?
- What Do I Do After a Brain Injury?
- What Are Recoverable Damages for Brain Injury Victims?
- What Percentage Do Most Personal Injury Lawyers Take in a Brain Injury Claim?
- How long can it take to recover from a brain injury?
- Schedule a Free Consultation With a Reading Brain Injury Attorney
Why Choose Cordisco & Saile’s Brain Injury Lawyers?
The experienced brain injury attorneys at Cordisco & Saile, LLC, are dedicated to helping our clients recover the financial compensation they deserve. We provide guidance and support for victims during this difficult time while standing up to unfair insurance companies.
When you work with our skilled team of legal professionals, we will:
- Conduct a full investigation into what caused the accident
- Gather essential evidence to build a strong case
- Consult with medical professionals, witnesses, and accident reconstructionists
- Value your current and future damages to claim the maximum compensation you’re entitled to
- Communicate with the insurance representatives on your behalf
- File all necessary paperwork to move your claim through the legal process
- Negotiate a fair settlement for your losses
- Take your case to trial in front of a jury if necessary
Successful Traumatic Brain Injury Settlements
Our brain injury attorneys have secured millions of dollars in settlements for brain injury victims, including:
- $10,000,000 for a truck accident client
- $2,900,000 for a motorcycle accident client
- $1,000,000 for a car accident client
- $470,000 for a wave runner accident client
- $242,500 for a rear-end accident client
- $195,000 for a bicycle accident client
Cordisco & Saile has a team of skilled brain injury lawyers specializing in these cases. We understand the difficulties you’re facing and will fight for the full value of your damages. Contact us to schedule a free case evaluation to see what your brain injury claim may be worth.
What Is Considered a Brain Injury?
A traumatic brain injury results from an impact to the head, including a jolt that causes the brain to hit the skull or a penetrating wound. While head injuries are a common cause of brain injuries, there are situations where a brain injury can happen without any visible injury to the head. Traumatic brain injuries vary in severity and recovery times, depending on how hard the blow to the head was. While some people suffer mild concussions and temporarily feel dizzy or confused, other accident victims lose consciousness and experience long-term cognitive problems.
Types of Traumatic Brain Injuries
Most types of traumatic brain injuries fall into these categories:
- Mild concussion: Concussions are the most common type of brain injury and cause victims to feel dazed or momentarily lose consciousness. People may also struggle with memory or attention on the day following the accident.
- Moderate traumatic brain injury: This type of brain injury is more serious than a concussion and may result in unconsciousness for longer than 30 minutes. Confusion and other symptoms may last for a week.
- Severe traumatic brain injury: Brain injuries at this level may cause accident victims to lose consciousness for a full day or more. Also, brain imaging will typically show a change in the brain after a severe injury.
Have you suffered an injury?
Who Is Responsible for My Brain Injury?
Who is at fault for your brain injury will depend on the circumstances that led up to it. If another person’s careless actions caused the accident, they may be liable for your injuries, suffering, and other damages. Parties that could be held accountable for your losses include:
- Negligent or reckless drivers
- Property owners who failed to recognize or address hazards
- Negligent doctors or other health care providers
- Manufacturers of defective products
- Careless construction companies or contractors
To understand your legal rights and who may be responsible for your brain injury, contact Cordisco & Saile for a free consultation.
What Do I Do After a Brain Injury?
If you or a loved one suffer a brain injury after an accident, taking quick action is vital to get the care and support you need. Some steps to consider are:
- Seeking medical attention as soon as possible
- Following through with all medical advice and treatments
- Documenting your injuries and any changes that occur
- Contacting local support groups and finding community resources
- Consulting with a trusted brain injury attorney
Working with Cordisco & Saile means you have a team of experienced professionals on your side. We’ll get the compensation you deserve for your medical expenses and other damages.
What Are Recoverable Damages for Brain Injury Victims?
Traumatic brain injury victims may qualify to claim compensation for economic and non-economic damages that resulted from the accident, including:
- Current medical bills
- Rehabilitation and therapy
- Cost of future medical care
- Lost income
- Loss of earning capacity
- Permanent disability
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of enjoyment in life
In some cases, you can also claim punitive damages, which aim to punish the party responsible for the accident for particularly malicious or egregious behavior.
What Percentage Do Most Personal Injury Lawyers Take in a Brain Injury Claim?
Most personal injury attorneys work on a contingency basis. This means they collect a percentage of the settlement or award you receive. In general, lawyers charge 33 ⅓ percent of the final amount. However, that may vary depending on the type of claim and if the case goes to trial.
At Cordisco & Saile, you don’t owe our Reading personal injury lawyers anything until we win your case. Your initial consultation is free, and we never ask for upfront fees. Contact us to learn more about our services and contingency fees.
How long can it take to recover from a brain injury?
Recovery times for traumatic brain injuries depend on the severity of the injury. With a mild concussion, getting back on your feet may only take a few weeks. However, severe injuries can leave victims with long-term impairments.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, five-year outcomes for moderate to severe traumatic brain injuries are:
- 26 percent improved
- 22 percent stayed the same
- 30 percent became worse
- 22 percent died from their injuries
If you lost a loved one to a brain injury, our wrongful death attorneys can help you get justice for your family.
Schedule a Free Consultation With a Reading Brain Injury Attorney
Don’t let the insurance companies pressure you to accept less than you deserve for your brain injury. Our Reading traumatic brain injury attorneys will help you fight for the total value of your losses and get the financial support you need to rebuild your life. Contact us today for a free case evaluation.
Contact Us Today
Please fill out the quick contact form below for a fast and free case consultation. We will
contact you within 24 hours!
Contact Us For
Free Case Evaluation
Bucks County Woman After Dog Knockdown
The nationally recognized and award winning team of attorneys at Cordisco & Saile LLC have been fighting for residents of Pennsylvania & New Jersey for 30 years.