Slip & Fall Accident Lawyer in Middletown
After a slip and fall, victims are often left with countless questions:
- Should I visit a doctor?
- Who was at fault for my fall?
- Who will pay for my injuries?
- How can I pay my bills while I miss work?
- Does insurance cover my expenses?
- Should I hire a lawyer?
There is no one correct answer to any of these questions. But a slip and fall accident lawyer in Middletown can help find the answers you seek. The attorneys at Cordisco & Saile LLC have served Pennsylvanian personal injury victims for decades. Call us at 215-642-2335 for more information regarding compensation you may be owed.
Collecting the Compensation You Deserve
Collectable damages following slip and fall accidents are hard to assess. Your most immediate concern regarding compensation is probably the costs of the doctor’s office visit the day you fell. This is a tangible upfront cost that is simple to quantify. However, few people consider the less tangible and long-term costs associated with slip and fall injuries.
These damages are sometimes much higher than the upfront medical costs victims seek. A slip and fall accident lawyer in Middletown can help you determine what you might be eligible to recover. You may be entitled to any of the following:
- Present medical bills: These medical bills mainly consist of your initial hospital visit, and current treatments and therapy resulting from the accident.
- Long-term medical costs: Severe slip and fall accidents sometimes cause long-term, if not permanent, disabilities that require on-going treatment. Quantifying the cost of that treatment is not always simple but factors heavily into your settlement. We might discuss your accident with a medical expert to determine what you might expect in the long run.
- Lost wages: You can recover compensation for any time you took off work to recover from your injuries. This can also include time you took off to attend doctor’s appointments or days when your injuries kept you from working a full day.
- Diminished earning potential: You may be entitled to compensation if your injuries forced you to retire, work less, or take a lesser-paying job.
- Pain and suffering: Pain and suffering damages are not specific and vary depending on the accident, injuries, and the victim. We will determine how the accident has affected you (and your family) and use that to estimate a value for your pain and suffering.
- Miscellaneous expenses: These damages are related to unforeseen costs related to your accident and treatment. For example, if your accident treatments required you to visit a specialist far from your home, your attorney could claim the cost of gas among your miscellaneous damages.
How Can I Recover Compensation for My Slip and Fall Injuries?
To recover compensation for your injury, you must file a premises liability claim. Filing a premises liability claim requires proving the following three elements:
- A hazard existed on the property (e.g., torn carpet in a department store).
- The property owner or employee created the hazard, knew about the hazard, or should have known about the hazard and did nothing to remedy it (e.g., an employee tripped over the carpet, told the manager, the manager failed to fix the tear and did not warn customers of the hazard).
- The hazard caused your injury (e.g., you tripped, hit your head, and sustained a traumatic brain injury).
We will investigate the accident to prove the three elements above. While we will make our best effort to prove you bear no responsibility for your accident, the property owner’s insurance company and attorneys will do their best to prove the opposite. And Pennsylvania’s comparative negligence laws only require them to prove that your actions or inattention contributed to your accident to decrease your settlement.
Say the sum of your damages totals $40,000. If the insurer proves that you were 25 percent responsible for your slip and fall accident, then you would be liable for 25 percent of the damages. The property owner’s insurer would pay the remaining 75 percent of damages (i.e., $30,000). This would leave you paying $10,000 out of pocket.
These nuances in personal injury law make a capable slip and fall accident lawyer in Middletown that much more helpful. Cordisco & Saile LLC has fought for damages on behalf of countless personal injury victims over the years. In that time, our team has learned the tricks insurers employ to protect themselves from paying the damages you deserve.
Have you suffered an injury?
How Much Time Do I Have to File a Claim?
Pennsylvania’s statute of limitations requires you to file your personal injury claim within two years of the date of your slip and fall accident. While we cannot expedite your claim, we will do everything in our power to file your case within the time limits to get you the compensation you deserve.
Call Cordisco & Saile LLC Today
Contact Us Today
Please fill out the quick contact form below for a fast and free case consultation. We will
contact you within 24 hours!
Contact Us For
Free Case Evaluation
Local First Responder After Truck Collision
Motorcycle Accident Client Following Brain Injury
Bucks County Car Accident Victim
The nationally recognized and award winning team of attorneys at Cordisco & Saile LLC have been fighting for residents of Pennsylvania & New Jersey for 30 years.