Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer in Philadelphia
Are you struggling with a spinal cord injury as the result of an accident in Pennsylvania? Whether you were in a car accident, the victim of medical malpractice, or fell on one of the city’s many construction sites, you may have the right to recover compensation. The experienced Philadelphia spinal cord injury lawyers at Cordisco & Saile LLC can help you maximize your damages.
We are nationally-recognized trial attorneys who win the most challenging personal injury cases. Our law firm is known as a fierce advocate for spine injury victims and grieving families in Philadelphia and across eastern Pennsylvania. Our tireless pursuit of financial justice has helped us win tens of millions of dollars on behalf of deserving clients just like you.
Don’t settle for a penny less than you deserve. Enlist the help of our experienced legal team and put yourself in the best position to win your spinal cord injury case. We offer a free consultation, so call our law office serving Philadelphia today.
- What is a spinal cord injury?
- What causes most spinal cord injuries in Philadelphia?
- How can a lawyer help me seek compensation in a spinal cord injury lawsuit?
- What damages can be awarded to spine injury victims in Philadelphia?
- How much money is my spinal cord injury case worth?
- Understanding Liability in a Philadelphia Spinal Cord Injury Case
- How long do I have to file a lawsuit after I’ve suffered a spinal injury in Philadelphia?
- Philadelphia Spinal Cord Injury Lawyers Ready to Help You Seek Maximum Compensation
What is a spinal cord injury?
The spinal cord is a bundle of nerves and fibers that runs from the base of the skull to the tailbone and is separated by small bones called vertebrae. It’s one of the most important parts of the body because it relays communication from the brain, helping us perform conscious tasks like walking, running, eating, and talking, as well as unconscious tasks such as breathing or regulating body temperature and blood pressure.
A spinal cord injury occurs whenever the spinal cord, its nerves, or vertebrae are damaged in any way.
When the spine is damaged, its ability to send communications to and from the brain is impaired. As a result, even minor spinal cord injuries can have severe and catastrophic consequences.
Some common spinal cord injuries include:
- Complete spinal cord injury
- Incomplete spinal cord injury
- Tetraplegia/quadriplegia (paralysis of the arms, hands, trunk, legs, and pelvis)
- Paraplegia (paralysis of the trunk, legs, and pelvis)
The severity of a spinal cord injury typically depends on the location of the injury. That’s because everything below the level of the injury is affected. The higher up on the spine the damage, the more catastrophic.
What causes most spinal cord injuries in Philadelphia?
An injury to the spine can occur whenever the body is subjected to sudden and extreme force. Often, serious accidents leave victims struggling with debilitating spinal cord injuries.
The leading causes of spine injuries include:
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Sports injuries
At Cordisco & Saile LLC we represent spine injury victims who were involved in:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Train accidents
- Bus accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Falls from heights
- Construction accidents
- Workplace accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
- Dog bites
- Boating accidents
- Negligent security
If you’ve sustained a spinal cord injury because someone else was negligent, or can be held strictly liable for your trauma, contact our Philadelphia personal injury attorneys. We will review your case, identify all potential options for financial recovery, and put a plan into action to get the money you deserve.
Have you suffered an injury?
How can a lawyer help me seek compensation in a spinal cord injury lawsuit?
A spinal cord injury can cause minor disruptions to your life or change it forever. Regardless, whoever is responsible for causing your spine injury must be held accountable. However, this isn’t the time for you to take on a challenging and contested fight for damages. Our Philadelphia personal injury lawyers can help while you rest and recover.
We have the resources to match the most powerful adversaries and the experience to get the results you need and deserve.
While you concentrate on your spine injury recovery, our law firm will:
- Gather evidence and information that can help to you build a foundation for your spine injury case
- Investigate the accident that caused your injury to determine why it happened, how it could have been avoided, and who’s at fault
- Seek compensation from all liable parties, which might include motorists, property owners, employers, or even a workers’ compensation insurance carrier if you were hurt on the job
- Handle negotiations with other parties on your behalf
- Prepare your case for trial in the event that you are not extended a meaningful settlement offer
We are here to provide all of the support, guidance, and assistance you need during this incredibly trying time. Let us take on the burden of your spine injury lawsuit.
What damages can be awarded to spine injury victims in Philadelphia?
If you’ve suffered a spine injury in a Philadelphia accident, you can file a claim to recover compensation for your financial losses as well as the pain and suffering you have experienced. These are known as economic damages and non-economic damages, respectively.
Our Philadelphia spine injury lawyers will aggressively pursue compensatory damages for:
- Medical bills, present and future
- Therapy services
- In-home nursing assistance
- Cost of a nursing facility
- Lost wages and income
- Lost benefits
- Lost job opportunities
- Modifications to your home or vehicle necessary to accommodate a disability
- Emotional distress
- Limited mobility
- Reduced quality of life
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Loss of consortium
In a very limited number of cases, punitive damages might also be appropriate. However, a jury would have to find clear and convincing evidence that the defendant hurt you intentionally or displayed a conscious disregard for your health and safety.
How much money is my spinal cord injury case worth?
Just like no two accidents are the same, no two spinal cord injury cases are alike. Ultimately, the amount of money you might be able to get when you file a spinal cord injury claim will depend on a multitude of factors.
- Which part of your spine is damaged?
- Is your spinal cord injury complete or incomplete?
- Do your doctors think that you will make a full physical recovery?
- Will your spinal cord injury impair your ability to work?
- Did you get hurt while working in Philadelphia?
- Do you share any responsibility for the accident that caused your spine injury?
- How old are you and what is your earning capacity?
- How has the trauma of the accident that caused your spine injury affected you?
According to the Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation, the lifetime costs of a spinal cord injury can be quite high. Even more moderate spinal cord injuries can generate hundreds of thousands of dollars over the course of a lifetime. More severe spinal cord damage can cost millions.
At Cordisco & Saile LLC, our spinal cord injury attorneys have helped clients like you recover substantial monetary awards, including:
- $2.47 million spinal cord injury settlement for a Bristol man injured by an armored car
- $1.175 million spinal cord injury settlement for a Bucks County couple who suffered significant injuries at the hands of an intoxicated driver
- $750,000 spinal cord injury settlement for a Bucks County woman who sustained spinal fractures when knocked down by a dog
It’s important to work with an attorney who understands the gravity of your situation and the importance of a complete financial recovery. Put our respected and experienced personal injury lawyers in your corner.
Understanding Liability in a Philadelphia Spinal Cord Injury Case
Everyone who contributes to a spine victim’s injuries can share responsibility for resulting costs and damages. This is true even if someone was not directly involved in the specific mechanism that caused the spine damage.
Liability will depend on what type of accident caused you to get hurt, but could include:
- Vehicle passengers
- Property owners
- Hospitals and medical facilities
- Nursing homes and assisted care facilities
- Product manufacturers
- Government agencies
- Criminal assailants
Our legal team will work hard to identify anyone who directly or indirectly contributed to the accident that led to your spine injury.
What happens if I’m partly to blame for my spine injury?
Pennsylvania has modified comparative fault rules, so sharing the blame for your spinal cord injury won’t be an automatic bar to recovery. However, once liability equals or exceeds 51 percent, you lose the right to compensation.
When you’re assigned fault, your damages are adjusted. The greater your role in the accident, the less money you’ll be able to receive when you file a lawsuit.
For example, let’s say you’re in a car accident and sustain a spine injury. Your case is valued at $1 million, but you’re assigned 20 percent fault. Your financial award won’t exceed $800,000 when shared responsibility is factored into the equation.
How long do I have to file a lawsuit after I’ve suffered a spinal injury in Philadelphia?
Pennsylvania gives spine injury victims up to two years to file a claim for damages. The statute of limitations typically begins to run on the date of the accident.
There are times when the deadline to file a spine injury claim might be different. Children will have additional time to pursue damages. On the other hand, you’ll have less time to take action if you want to recover damages from a negligent government agency.
You lose the right to receive a monetary award if you don’t file your claim before the statute of limitations expires. Don’t let that happen. Contact our experienced spine injury attorneys in Philadelphia to get started on your case as soon as possible after you get hurt.
Philadelphia Spinal Cord Injury Lawyers Ready to Help You Seek Maximum Compensation
Have you recently sustained an injury to your spinal column in an accident in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania? Whether you’ve become paralyzed or are experiencing other health issues, you could be entitled to a financial award. Our experienced Philadelphia spinal cord injury lawyers are here to help you get all of the money you deserve.
Give our Philadelphia legal team a call or connect with us online to schedule your free consultation.
Contact Us Today
Please fill out the quick contact form below for a fast and free case consultation. We will
contact you within 24 hours!
Contact Us For
Free Case Evaluation
Motorcycle Accident Client Following Brain Injury
The nationally recognized and award winning team of attorneys at Cordisco & Saile LLC have been fighting for residents of Pennsylvania & New Jersey for 30 years.