Award-winning law firm focusing on motorcycle accidents.
The goal at Cordisco & Saile LLC is to help motorcycle accident victims and their families. If you or a loved have been seriously injured and are suffering because of another’s negligence, you may be eligible for compensation.
Motorcycle accidents are a harsh reality to even the most conscientious and cautious riders. The unfortunate truth is we share the road with distracted and inattentive drivers. Even safe drivers with excellent driving records may overlook a motorcyclist. Because motorcycles are missing the protections offered in other modes of transportation, the results from a collision can be life-altering.
The most serious accidents can result in coma, traumatic brain injury, limb amputation, multiple surgeries, and even death. In addition to physical pain, victims may face traumatic psychological damages.
How to determine who is responsible for my motorcycle accident-related injuries in PA?
According to the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT), the following are the most common causes of motorcycle accidents where another driver or other third party was at-fault for the crash:
- Mistakes involving rights-of-way or failure to yield;
- Improper or unsafe lane changes;
- Speeding, which reduces the ability to see and react to motorcyclists;
- Operating a vehicle while intoxicated or under the influence of alcohol or drugs;
- Rear-end accidents from vehicles following motorcycles too closely;
- Opening a driver’s car door into the path of an oncoming motorcycle;
- Improperly maintained roads, causing dangerous road conditions; and
- Defects with a negligently manufactured motorcycle.
When the other driver’s negligence caused the accident, we can hold them financially responsible for your pain and suffering plus any accident-related costs. By building a strong case, we prove their fault when we preparing your personal injury claim.
What costs are eligible for compensation after a motorcycle accident in Bucks County?
Depending on the details of your accident, we win fair settlements that can cover a variety of your costs. The Cordisco & Saile team work tirelessly to recover your medical expenses, including:
- Past and future medical bills for surgery, hospitalization, transportation, pain management, and other treatments;
- Rehabilitation expenses;
- Physical therapy, occupational therapy, and vocational therapy; and
- The cost of purchasing medical equipment.
- Our attorneys will also consider your incidental costs, like:
- Paying for household help for work that you cannot perform due to injury; and
- Contractor expenses for making disability-related living accommodations.
- You are also eligible for compensation for your lost income, including:
- Lost wages or self-employment income for missed work; and
- Lost earning capacity, including loss of retirement or pension benefits.
- In cases of disfigurement, we will seek damages for:
- Reconstructive surgery;
- Scars; and
- Burn injuries.
The at-fault party must also pay damages related to property damage, including the price of:
- Motorcycle repair or replacement; and
- Helmet or other damaged accessory replacement.
We will also seek retribution for the non-economic damages you have endured. These include:
- Pain and suffering;
- Emotional distress; and
- Loss of enjoyment of your life.
- If your spouse suffered the injury, you may file a claim for loss of consortium. This would compensate you for a loss of companionship, protection, guidance, and the usual pre-accident relationship that you once enjoyed.
- In limited cases, we can request punitive damages on your behalf. A judge awards these damages for particularly wrongful conduct on the part of the responsible party or parties.
Our lawyers will deal directly with the insurance company while you focus on healing.
Sometimes there is a battle with the insurance company about what caused the accident and a claims adjuster will deny liability altogether. They may also try to offer you a quick settlement before you understand the full extent of your injury and have the chance to contact a lawyer.
Insurance companies make money by pocketing premiums and paying as little as possible for claims. They will have their own view of the extent of your injuries and their own ideas of how long it should take you to recover. They usually do not have your best interests at heart.
That is why you need our help. We will stand up against these tactics to win you the compensation you need to recover. We will use hard evidence to prove your damages. We can seek testimony from accident reconstruction experts to establish who was responsible for your wreck. We will negotiate directly with the insurance company until you receive a fair settlement for your suffering. We can even take your case to trial, if necessary.
Glenn Karczewski (Verified Google Review) ★★★★★
“Mike Saile and his entire staff are amazing! My father was a client and Mike and his staff made a very complicated process go smooth. Mike and his staff worked tirelessly on my father’s case until a positive result was achieved. Above all else I was most pleased with the fact that Mike and his entire staff genuinely cared about my father and worked hard and updated us through the entire process. I can’t think of a better person or lawyer that I would want to handle a case for me. I highly recommend the services of Cordisco and Saile!”
Act Quickly to File an Accident Claim
Of course, the most important step to take after sustaining serious injuries in an accident is to immediately seek medical treatment. After this, contact a personal injury attorney to begin filing a claim.
Pennsylvania law, as provided in 42 Pa. Cons. Stat. Ann. § 5524, grants injured parties only two years in which they may file claims to recover compensation for personal injury, after which they may be barred.
Call us now at 215-642-2335 to schedule your no-cost, no-obligation consultation. To begin the process of recovery, speak with a motorcycle accident lawyer today. We are prepared to discuss the specifics of your case, and help educate you on your options.
Why Trust John Cordisco and Michael Saile
Cordisco & Saile: Motorcycle Accident Lawyers of Bucks County, PA
If you have been in an auto accident in Bucks County and need legal representation, Cordisco & Saile LLC can help. Contact our motorcycle accident attorneys in Bucks County, PA to set up a consultation to review case details and options you have for recovering compensation.