Sports Injury Lawyer
Sports can be fun and offer considerable health benefits, but they also come with a substantial risk of injury. That risk increases when someone is negligent or tries to intentionally harm another player, or when safety equipment fails. If you’ve suffered an injury while playing a sport, our sports injury lawyers can help you understand your rights and work toward a meaningful financial award.
If you’ve suffered an injury while playing sports, it’s important to consider what legal rights and options you might have. After all, recovering from a sports-related injury can be time-consuming and costly. If you play for a living or aspire to do so, a sudden injury can derail your dreams in an instant.
The experienced sports injury lawyers at Cordisco & Saile, LLC can help you evaluate your options and, if appropriate, seek financial compensation from anyone who caused you to get hurt. Contact our legal team to schedule a free consultation to discuss the details of your sports injury case.
- Why trust the experienced personal injury lawyers at Cordisco & Saile, LLC?
- What are the most common sports injuries?
- What sports have the most injuries?
- What are my legal options if I’ve suffered a sports injury?
- How can injuries in sports be prevented?
- Contact the Sports Injury Lawyers at Cordisco & Saile, LLC for a Free Consultation
Why trust the experienced personal injury lawyers at Cordisco & Saile, LLC?
We’re award-winning trial attorneys with a proven ability to take on challenging personal injury cases and help our clients achieve meaningful results.
In fact, we’ve won tens of millions of dollars in settlements and jury awards on behalf of our catastrophically injured clients.
For more than three decades, our top-rated personal injury lawyers in Bucks County have been helping injury victims take a stand when their lives have been forced off track. We ensure our clients have every opportunity to tell their stories and make every effort to hold their powerful adversaries, including insurance companies, hospitals, and corporations, accountable.
It’s one of the reasons our client satisfaction can’t be beaten.
When you turn to our law firm for help with your sports injury case, we will:
- Investigate the circumstances of your sports injury
- Determine why the injury occurred and how it could have potentially been avoided
- Identify potentially liable parties
- Work closely with sports injury experts and specialists
- Prepare a strategy to help you recover maximum compensation from those responsible for your sports injury
Don’t let anyone minimize the seriousness of your sports injury. It can have ripple effects across your life and potentially change its path forever. Our top-rated personal injury attorneys are ready to fight for you. Your first case assessment is free, so contact us today.
What are the most common sports injuries?
Every sport is different. You’ll utilize different muscles and body parts while playing football than you would while playing baseball. The strain and wear and tear on your body will vary from sport to sport.
However, there are some sports-related injuries that tend to occur more often than others:
- Broken bones and fractures
- Sprains and strains
- Dislocated joints
- Rotator cuff injury
- Elbow injuries, including tennis elbow and golfer’s elbow
- Torn ligaments, including ACL tears
- Meniscal tears
- Knee injury
- Hamstring injury
- Shin splints
- Achilles tendon rupture
- Spinal cord injury
Concussions and traumatic brain injuries are also increasingly common, especially among young athletes. In fact, Safe Kids Worldwide estimates that a young athlete gets a concussion about once every 25 seconds. That’s more than 1.35 million youth sports concussions annually.
At Cordisco & Saile, LLC, our sports injury attorneys have extensive experience representing clients who have suffered traumatic brain injuries. Our brain injury attorneys in Pennsylvania represent sports injury victims throughout the state, including Philadelphia, Bucks County, and Lehigh County.
What sports have the most injuries?
You can potentially get hurt while playing any sport, from golf to gymnastics to track and field. However, some sports send players to the emergency room more often than others.
Some of the most dangerous sports include:
- Baseball and softball
- Ice hockey
- Horseback riding
No matter what sport you were playing when you got hurt, it’s smart to consider your legal options. If someone else contributed to your injury—directly or indirectly—they could be on the hook for the costs related to your medical treatment, loss of income, and emotional distress.
What are my legal options if I’ve suffered a sports injury?
Sometimes sports injuries are simply unavoidable. We can be susceptible to injuries if we don’t train properly or if we utilize an improper technique while playing.
Other times, sports injuries are entirely avoidable. It’s in these situations that you might have the grounds to file a sports injury lawsuit and seek compensation for related damages.
Potential grounds for a sports injury lawsuit include:
- Negligence. When you play sports, players and coaches have to play by the rules. Rules violations or veering from appropriate play can be considered negligence for which a person could be civilly liable if you get hurt.
- Strict liability. Sports equipment has to withstand considerable force and use. When a piece of sports equipment is defective, it can fail and put players at an increased risk of injury or wrongful death. The company responsible for a piece of defective sports equipment could be strictly liable for resulting damages.
- Intentional harm. It’s not only against the law to physically assault or attack another person, it’s also the grounds for a civil lawsuit. If you’re assaulted or attacked outside of the scope of the sport that you’re playing, then you may have a legitimate assault injury claim.
When kids are involved in sports, it’s important to note that coaches and adults assume a duty of care for their health and safety. If a coach fails to supervise young athletes, pushes them beyond their physical limitations, or fails to adhere to rules and regulations, they could be liable for resulting injuries.
Once we’ve reviewed the specific circumstances of your case, our sports injury attorneys can help you understand all of the legal options that might be available to you. If you have a case, we can help you work toward a meaningful financial recovery to cover the costs of your medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
How can injuries in sports be prevented?
There are some steps you can take to reduce the risk of getting hurt while playing sports.
- Maintain a regular training routine that incorporates cardio and strength training
- Don’t overtrain muscle groups; help prevent this by alternating exercises
- Stretch before and after playing
- Warm up before playing and cool down when you’re done
- Know and follow the rules of the sport
- Practice the safest techniques when playing
- Know your limits, and stop playing if you’re tired or get hurt
- Wear appropriate protective and safety gear
These might seem simple, but they can make a world of difference on and off the field (or court).
Contact the Sports Injury Lawyers at Cordisco & Saile, LLC for a Free Consultation
Have you recently suffered a sport-related injury? Do you think that your injury was the result of someone else’s negligent or intentionally harmful actions? Did you get hurt because a piece of equipment failed? If so, you may have the right to file a personal injury lawsuit and seek compensation from those directly and indirectly involved in causing your injury.
The experienced sports injury lawyers at Cordisco & Saile, LLC can help you maximize your financial recovery. Put our award-winning team of Pennsylvania and New Jersey trial attorneys in your corner today.
We’re here to answer all of your questions and help you make the best decision about your legal case. Call our law firm, with offices conveniently located throughout eastern Pennsylvania, to get started with a free case assessment.
Please fill out the quick contact form below for a fast and free case consultation. We will
contact you within 24 hours!
Free Case Evaluation
Local First Responder After Truck Collision
Bucks County Woman Injured at Shopping Center
Bucks County Car Accident Victim